Road forum

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by crispy, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Should a roadie forum be added?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I will think about it

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. What's a roadie?

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Why not just call it a lycra forum?

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
    "Hell, I bet if Turner made a road bike.....you all would be praising the merits of road biking"
    ** snap! **
    how about a freeride lycra baggie road turner trail forum? with a disc brake in front and some cantilever brakes in the back?
    i think we all can agree or disagree on that one?
    peace

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

help me remember, were you around when the concepting of the site was being done?

3. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    I owned a road bike for many years and put many miles on it during my high school and college days then just stopped riding because of a knee problem that kept bugging me while riding. I got into mtn bikes 5-6 years ago and about 2 years ago bought another road bike. Dumb idea, I rode it for maybe 300 miles and then it sat in my garage collecting dust while I rode my 4 mtn bikes all the time instead. I just recently sold the road bike.

I guess my point is I'm not against road riding, but this is Socal "TRAIL" Riders. I just don't see how it fits in with the site. I'm voting no.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  4. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

just voted "no". but appears to be a tight (no pun intended for my lycra-wearing friends) race.

i agree that socal "trail" riders means just that. i'm sure there's a ton of "velo" sites out there. not to say we don't enjoy your company, and it's a compliment to this site that the membership has grown so large & diverse. but i think it should remain a mountain bike forum.

5. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    I never said I was, but I am saying that I don't think he was thinking, "Let me make a webpage where I can get people together who love to ride all kinds of bikes, except road bikes."

If this is what he was thinking, then I guess I misunderstood the concept of the webpage.

6. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

dood!! what part of "trail" dont u understand? If u want to ride your little rode bike on the dirt than go right ahead!! we wont hate u for it!! :D

7. PHAT TIRE

PHAT TIRE Riders on the solar storm

Vehicle Operations Manager

Ditto...I have already met fellow roadies, thanks to STR. :clap: There are no other sites for roadies that have such great forums and people!

8. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
    i've got one; the anti-new forum-forum?
    yeah? i vote may be, or not

9. i am dino

i am dino Guest

It also isn't socalROADIEriders or socalROADTRAILriders...perhaps you can create a roadie site, or a socalBIKEriders site...

10. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Likewise it isn't socalDIRTTRAILriders

I just wanted to be able to do road rides with some of the same people I do dirt rides with. I figured it would be easier to just see if they wanted to add another forum on here instead of having to go create another user name and password on another site and add another page to my favorites. It's not really a big deal :?:

11. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Alright kids, settle down. [-X

Public ladies forum gone but kept the private one, although you wouldn't notice if you didnt have access in the first place.

Added the roadie forum.

Main reasons for going with this are:
    • roadie only forum will keep that content off of the other forums
    • ladies of STR wasnt getting much action
    • looks like there will be enough posting in the roadie forum
    • basically the same number of forums unless you have access to the private girls forum - then the number increased by 1

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  12. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Thanks, George.

C'mon guys/gals, let's give it a try. This adversion some have to road riding really is over the top to me. It's still all about turning some pedals. Relax, we are all still doing the same thing. We are riding bikes. People who have no tolerance for people who do things a little different should reconsider. I hope this intolerance doesn't affect other aspects of your lifes. I'll ride with anybody on any kind of bike. I care not how they ride or what they ride, it's all about having some fun. If you're restricted by what you figure is "how" you have to ride, then I figure the problem is more with you, then the people riding different kinds of bikes.
    I understand this is primarily a mountain bike site, but we have riders of all interests here. Let's not be so narrow minded to say it's "my way or no way", that reeks of prejudice to me. I didn't vote in the poll as I was out of town, in fact mountain biking in UT with a few others who would have voted for it, but it makes no difference at this time. I ask that some of the against people give it a shot. Be a little tolerant for a while. It won't take anything away, but might increase some traffic to the site which is a good thing.

13. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

for the love of lyrca

george - your board your rules but it's not very nice to let everyone know the women riders aren't getting much action";) i'm sure its just a dry spell:lol: