Rim Strips???

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Chaos, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    Maxxis or Stan's??? Is one better than the other? I have some DT Swiss 6.1d's in transit and want to run tubeless, but can't decide on which strips to run. For that matter, I can't figure out if the widest/biggest[?] Maxxis rim strips:
    Style: 26DH2
    Part #: RS00468500
    Inner rim width: 22, Inner rim height: 12
    will fit the rims. The rims are 32mm wide but that's the outer width i'm pretty sure... Anyone have any experience with either or both? I've been running Mavic UST wheels on my bikes so I am clueless when it comes to this.
    Thanks,
    -Rodel

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    You may want to check and find out if DT is going to be making their tubeless kits for the 6.1 rim or not. I have the DT kits for my 5.1's and the quality is excellent compared to the Stans kit. Obviously they are made specifically for the DT rims and they fit absolutely perfect and I like how the valve stem is seperate from the rim strip itself. I have no experience with the Maxxis strips but am curious about those myself.

3. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    I'll call Larry to find out... seems like he's always in the know about these sort of things. But I'm so second guessing my decision to go with the 6.1d's vs. Mavic 823. I'll probably just run tubes for the mean time ](*,) :protest: