Race Report Rim Nordic #4 (Series Final)

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by krunner44, Aug 23, 2011.

1. krunner44

krunner44 Member

Hair.
    Lots of fun Sunday at Rim Nordic. I love this series. Bev and all of the other organizers put on such a great event. It was great to see the turn-out on Sunday for the XC Race.

My race was painful, but good. After a week of our awesome riding vacation, my legs and back were protesting big time. The temptation to grab my geared bike, so I could have some relief on the climbs, was pretty strong that morning, but I figured I might as well stick to the SS plan.

It was great to see how many women showed up in Cat 2, biggest turn out this year, with 5 in my (30-39) class, and 8 or 9 of us overall in Cat 2. I loved seeing Amy Griffin there (she's the one dominating Women's Sport at OTH). She posted up a ridiculously fast time in the 20-29yr old class. Well done, chica!!!

The course was amazing, as always, but did anyone else have any breathing issues this time? My lungs are still feeling the strain of the super dry air up there.

Greg decided to sit this race out, and play with his new camera.
    starting line
    [​IMG]

coming thru the trees
    [​IMG]

Amy killing it.
    [​IMG]

only a few more miles to go
    [​IMG]

award's ceremonies
    [​IMG]

See you all at their Fall Classic!

2. ajsura

ajsura AJ G2 Bike

G2 Bike and Altitude Training
    Great job! Well deserved! You train so hard...and you make racing look so easy....even doing it on a bad day...will always separate you from the rest...

Your drive, determination and love for the bike is felt by all and admired by many....

I aspire and am inspired by all you have accomplished in this sport and will go on to accomplish.....

Your a roll model for many but especially us "girls"......

It's always great to read your ride reports...they exude your love for the sport and your love for the bike....

Keep on pedaling Kimmi..............Love what you do, do what you love......

P.S. Great pics GREG

3. iPhrankie

iPhrankie New Member

Congrats Kimmi! Well done!