Rider Down Near Griffith Park, LA

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by checksix, Feb 24, 2013.

1. checksix

checksix Member

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ash-with-minivan-near-griffith-park.html#more

L.A. NOW
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA -- THIS JUST IN
    Cyclist's leg amputated after crash with minivan near Griffith Park
    February 24, 2013 | 8:18 am
    Authorities were looking for the driver of a minivan that struck a cyclist whose leg had to be amputated after he was dragged on the Zoo Drive onramp for 600
    feet.
    In addition to losing one of his legs below the knee, Damian Kevitt, 36, of Los Angeles, suffered numerous broken bones and severe road rash on his chest and
    back in the accident last week, according to the California Highway Patrol.
    Kevitt was heading west on Zoo Drive toward the 5 Freeway at about 11:35 a.m. last Sunday when the motorist, stopped in heavy traffic, made a sudden left
    turn and struck him, the CHP said.
    Kevitt fell to the ground and became lodged in the undercarriage of what witnesses described as an older gray Toyota Sienna, according to the CHP.
    At that point, the motorist allegedly accelerated and dragged Kevitt 600 feet until he was dislodged from the minivan, the CHP said. The motorist never
    stopped and continued traveling south on the 5, authorities said.
    Anyone with information on the collision, or who may have seen the motorist, is encouraged to call the CHP Altadena Station at (626) 296-8100.

2. bing!

bing! Active Member

phuck phuck phuck!. it just burns me that some people can leave a fellow human being to die on the side of the road. its like they dont know that insurance will cover most of it. and if they intentionally dragged that guy loose from the car to escape their liability, that chit is murder. phuck!

prayers going out to the fella. hope he survives and that long term injuries are limited to the leg.

3. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    That story makes me sick to my stomach.....

4. nightops

nightops Lurker

Sound Designer
    its posts like these that make me never want to ride the road. i can only imagine the pain of being dragged on hot asphalt and what the guy mustve been thinking while that was happening...thoughts and prayers to the victim

5. matty_P

matty_P New Member

medical student
    i rode through there on a bike tour; i know that ramp. around there was the only time i had issues with traffic in over 500 miles of riding. sorry to hear about this. i hope they catch the bastard.

6. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    Fun loop, bad ending