Rider down in Sullivan Canyon

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by TrojanInsomniac, Apr 26, 2008.

1. TrojanInsomniac

TrojanInsomniac Active Member

DPT student
    Anybody have info on the fellow rider that went down in Sullivan Canyon? I didn't see the crash but heard about from the guys that called 911 while I was waiting on Queensferry......didn't sound good at all. I noticed, while i was packing my stuff up, it looked like LAFD was performing an air-rescue out. Anyway, I'm just concerned and hope he's going to be ok.

Don't know what was in the water this morning, but a lot of us (including myself) were dropping like flies!

2. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Did you ride the area with Joel today?
    What time did it occur?

3. TrojanInsomniac

TrojanInsomniac Active Member

DPT student
    Yeah, I did ride with Joel and the Ventura Trailblazers........really fun group of guys/girls to ride with.

The group split up at the Nike base, since several of the riders came up from the valley. Anyhow, I didn't see what happened down in the canyon. We were waiting to regroup at the trailhead, at the bottom of Queensferry, when three guys came by trying to get cell reception to call 911. They also didn't see the crash but said the guy had a really deep laceration on the face and the impact of the crash cracked his helmet. I waited for LAFD and guided them down to the bottom of the trailhead Fifteen minutes or so later, the chopper came. If they did airlift the rider out, they likely had to use the basket type thing because it'd be impossible to land in the canyon.

I'm getting a lot of people interested in beginner rides, particularly people who have always wanted to try the sport but have been too intimidated to do it. You'd even be pleased with some of the girls that are interested.........definitely of the eye candy variety. I'm sure you'll be able to impress them with your two-wheeled stallion. By the way, that 6-8 Darin's trying to sell is pretty sick! if it were a 17", I'd buy it.

4. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Tell them (i.e. women) I would be willing to lend my services.. pretty much anytime! :wave:
    Thanks for looking out... :beer: