Rider Down Hard On Silverado Rd at Modjeska

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by wizard, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bing!

bing! Active Member

and if its a double yellow line with a white line, you can cross in the direction of the the white line. one way crossing only.

2. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

Can anyone update us on Franks condition?!? I was up at the luge today and saw his memorial flag..even signed it! would really like to know how hes doing!

3. Team Smitty

Team Smitty MVP CYCLE CENTER

Dirtector of composite structures
    Update

Cut and paste from MOTO NEWS........

Just over a couple of weeks ago, photohound Frank Hoppen was nearly killed when a street bike clobbered him and his bicycle when he was riding with his son near their home in Ca.

He has been in the hospital since, and I just saw this update on Victor Sheldon's wall on Facebook-

"Hey guys, finally a word from Frank's family:

We know that everyone is concerned and eager to hear how Frank is doing...
    We are truly amazed and so thankful for all the love, kindness and support that has been coming and we are all so very thankful!

So how is he doing?
    Let's just say he took a real hard hit and tumble in this bike accident and is once again facing a difficult and long uphill battle in his life- maybe even the hardest one so far yet...
    He is very much banged up with lots of injuries to way too many parts of him in various degrees of seriousness.
    With smiles in our hearts we can tell you that he is no longer in critical condition and awake. He recognizes us and amazes us every day with new improvements and developments.
    It really is too early to say as to what the bottom line will be for him. As in: 'How badly did I get myself truly messed up?' or 'How long will it take until we know the answer to that?' or 'How much will I improve?'
    Time will tell and teach all of us patience. And patience is what we will need, most of all our bike boy in question.
    Then again, we are talking about Frank. The master of all challenge and Mr. Motivation himself. A man who has seen adversity before and given it his best. We have no doubt, that he will try to do just that again- pushing himself as hard as possible.

Many have expressed their wishes to help and to be there for him and his family.
    He really is still too vulnerable to receive many visitors and it might be not good for him for quite some time.
    But we all thought what a great idea it would be to give you a chance to connect via technology! Feel free to put together pictures of yourself and Frank or even little videos were you talk about yourself, your family and memories you have with Frank. This might help him in many ways and give him many smiles.
    Email to [email protected] is a good address for that.

We apologize, if we can't respond quickly and to all inquiries - there is just way to much going on right know and we know you all understand. [​IMG]

In any case: thank you all for everything you do and for being the wonderful friends you are!!!"

4. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Rode Luge the other day and saw a small flag on the Flag pole that a lot of people signed in honor of Frank. I don't know Frank but thought it was very cool to see so many people wishing him well and for a quick return to the flag.

5. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

"Just over a couple of weeks ago, photohound Frank Hoppen was nearly killed when a street bike clobbered him and his bicycle when he was riding with his son near their home in Ca."

All we really know is the bike and motorcycle collided. Don't know whose fault it was, and in many ways it is irrelevant. I hope both people recover fully.