REI Bike Maintenance Class

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Frozen208, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Frozen208

Frozen208 No pain no gain

Just wanted to put this out there, the REI in Rancho is doing a free maintenance class tomm(7/11) @ 6:30pm, dont know what they will cover, but I am probably going to go even if I dont learn something new maybe I will learn a quicker way of doing it. More info if interested.

2. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
  3. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

sweet my old store is doing free maintenance class. They'll probably go over the basics but free nonetheless. I did one clinic once, I think is was the Basic MTB 101. A good class if youre a newbie to MTB, and you learn about some of the local trails around the area too.

4. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Jenson is having a repair class this Saturday. They have two 3 hour classes on consecutive Saturdays that cover most bike maintenace and repair. Cost is $30 and includes a Park repair book. Class is small, usually 6 people per class and fills up quick. Call them for more info.

5. Frozen208

Frozen208 No pain no gain

Yeah it was a really basic class, but always nice to see I am doing somethings right. Also may have got a new member, she just moved to the area, so we will see.

Might have been better had he not started out saying road biking was like a diamond, all smooth and refined, and efficeant, and MTB was like a rough diamond. But hey to each his own, he dosent know what he is missing.

6. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Roadie elitist :protest:

7. snowmaniac153

snowmaniac153 New Member

have any of you taken the class where you bring your own bike to rei and they go over it with you---i think it is like $60 --you think it is workth it???i doubt it

8. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I recommend the Jenson Repair class ($30 ,includes repair guide book from Park Tool) which we just finished today. The second session we brought our bikes to do hands on work. Learned much and were left with an open invitation by the instructer to bring our bikes in anytime to be further instructed with any repairs needed or any questions relating to our bikes.
    Great way to save money with the do-it-yourself skills taught or emergency trail fixes you might need. AND great meeting ya Aldo...nice Turner:clap: !!

EDIT: Don't recall it mentioned but according to Frank's post
    they possibly were only offering the 2 classes???