Redbull Rampage Is Back!!

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by soul rider, Aug 19, 2008.

1. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
  2. RC_Compton

RC_Compton Straight Outta CPT

EMT for Riverside County
    THERE IS A GOD!!! :bang::bang::bang:

3. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

We went in 2003 and 2004. Definitely worth the trip. Bring your AM bike and do some local riding too (we did Gooseberry).

4. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    I'd love to watch it in person! Recently, I watched some video footage... f-ing insane. :bang:

+1 on hitting Gooseberry. How far is the Red Bull site from GB?

5. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    they say this year it's going to be ourside Virgin which isn't too far but exact distance I don't know since I've never been

6. El Salt

El Salt Guest

Was there in '04 and did the same... road the goose. Really fun time. Amazing riders!

7. Thrillride

Thrillride CapturesbyCarman.com

Student at SDSU
    Redbull rampage is back!!!

Just found out from a dif site that Redbull Rampage is back this year after being gone since 04!!! Apparently they moved the course only a few miles away from the first, but it's supposed to be one of the most intense courses ever. The riding has evolved so much over the past few years so this should be one serious event. I can't wait to at least see footage...Wonder if it'll be on TV????

www.redbullrampage.com

8. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Nice find. Do you have anymore info as to when and where? I won't miss this again. I love riding that area and I'd make a mini vacation of it.

9. Thrillride

Student at SDSU
    No other info really as of yet, if you watch the site trailer they say more info coming soon...But it's supposed to be in fall so that's soon, and I read it was invite only so that kind of puts a damper on anyone trying to get noticed in the redbull events....I think it used to be anyone who wanted in could be. At least all these pro's will put off one hell of a crazy show! I wish I could make it out there, but I got shit to do in SD and don't think I could vacation just to see the event. Have fun!

10. Reedster

Reedster Active Member

Teacher
    There is some info out there. It's the weekend of October 2nd. Spectating sounds difficult as you have to walk or bike 4 miles through the desert to get there and then you have to valet your bike and stay at the bottom of the course. It should still be awesome though.

http://www.gear.com/red-bull-rampage-returns-october-2-5-2008/

Spectator info:
    http://www.sicklines.com/2008/08/27/red-bull-rampage-spectator-advisory/#more-2351

Unfortunately my trip to the area is planned for the weekend before. #-o

~R

11. thephat

thephat Active Member

yeah,... but they are huckers dood.

12. denmother

Riders List

Red Bull Rampage Rider List Announced!

Posted on September 22, 2008 10:58 AM Categories:

Event Info, Red Bull Rampage: The Evolution

The return of Red Bull Rampage is drawing close and the world's best riders are getting set to tackle a course that will be the ultimate test of their skills. With a $10,000 first place prize, these riders are set to give whatever it takes to be on top - blood, sweat and maybe even some tears. In addition, the Utah Sports Commission will present a $5,000 check for the best trick of the event.

The following athletes have been confirmed to attend Red Bull Rampage: The Evolution.

Graham Aggasiz (CAN)
    Dan Atherton (GBR)
    Gee Atherton (GBR)
    Paul Basagoitia (USA)
    Darren Berrecloth (CAN)
    Robbie Bourdon (CAN)
    Garret Buehler (CAN)
    James Doerfling (CAN)
    Cedric Gracia (FRA)
    Geoff Gulevich (CAN)
    Trond Hansen (NOR)
    Mike Hopkins (CAN)
    Matt Hunter (CAN)
    Mike Kinrade (CAN)
    Cam McCaul (USA)
    Kelly McGarry (NZL)
    Alex Prochazka (CAN)
    Steve Romaniuk (CAN)
    Brandon Semenuk (CAN)
    Kurt Sorge (CAN)
    Kyle Strait (USA)
    Andrew Taylor (USA)
    Guido Tschugg (GER)
    Thomas Vanderham (CAN)
    Chris Van Dine (USA)
    Cameron Zink (USA)

Bummer.......I guess we'll just have to buy the video when it comes out. ;)

[​IMG]

SPECTATOR ADVISORY**

Red Bull Rampage features the world's greatest riders tackling the most intense terrain any contest has offered - no novices here. The same applies for spectators; this event is not for casual observers. The new Red Bull Rampage venue was chosen for its ability to challenge the riders and push their limits, so it is remote, hot, dangerous, and unforgiving.
    Should you choose to attend, free parking is located at the intersection of Highway 9 and Camino Del Rio St. (approximately one mile east of downtown Virgin, UT).

Transportation from the parking lot to the venue will NOT be provided. From the lot, it is four miles to the contest venue over uneven desert terrain that you will either have to hike or pedal (No motor vehicles will be allowed at the contest site - no motorcycles, ATVs, etc). If you ride it, you'll need to check your bike at the on-site bike valet once you reach the contest venue - no exceptions.

Spectators will be required to stay within designated viewing areas at the base of the course near the finish line - no exceptions. No pets will be allowed, and non-adult spectators are not recommended. If this sounds harsh, that's because it is; this isn't a mountain resort, this is the desert. All on-site rules and requirements are necessary to ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment.

If you decide to attend, pack plenty of water, snacks, sunscreen, extra layers of clothing, basic first-aid gear, and a flashlight/headlamp. In other words, treat it like an unsupported weekend ride with your buddies. Just think ahead, be smart, and come prepared.

NOTE: On Saturday and Sunday, Sol Foods from Springdale will be at the event site selling sandwiches and cold drinks. Mount Olympus will also have a water truck on-site from Thursday through Sunday to refill your water bottles at no charge.

13. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    From what I have been told by the locals is that it is not a good event to watch. In the past the racers stage in St. George and they bring to the top of the runs by helicopter. Long waits for them to shuttle the racers back and forth.

Still could be fun though.

Dean

14. denmother

We spectated the last 2 years that they had the event and it was a great experience. However you could hike to the top of the mountain and sit cliff side to watch the action.

The last year, they actually hired some local kids who handed the bikes up the hill to the top. The helicopters were for media coverage.

The previous location was not to far off the public road, so it was not a long trek to get there.

15. denmother

2003 Photos

Here are a few of my favorites from 2003.

Photo Album

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. denmother

Photos/Video on Littermag

http://www.littermag.com/2008/news/newsarticle.php?newsID=1276

RED BULL RAMPAGE COURSE SPY SHOTS - HOLY CRAP!

September 26, 2008

Posted by: gordo

[​IMG] Doesn't look too bad, right?

[​IMG] Guess again

[​IMG] Bigger than you by a long shot...THIS IS THE LIP!

[​IMG] Ted said this is a 60 foot gap and believe me, this photo does not do it ANY justice. I would have sworn it was 100 feet, not to mention the fact it's over a giant canyon! DO NOT COME UP SHORT!

So I wanted to check out the rampage course before the event because I'm not going to the event. Red Bull has made it clear how gnarly this place is and that anyone who doesn't need to be there, shouldn't be. I respect that and want to respect the effort that went into all this. Little did I know how HUGE an effort is going into this. I thought I could drive into the desert, see a little lip or two on the side of a red cliff, get stoked and go home. After about 3 hours of bottoming out the rental car on jeep roads, I finally saw something. I got there, my jaw dropped and my diaper filled up immediately.

Hopefully these crappy pics give you a little bit of an idea as to how big this really is. Keep in mind this location (which I forgot how to get to, so don't ask) is in the middle of NOWHERE and the nearest McDonald's is at least an hour away...hardly hospitable.

I'm driving home right now, but Ted was nice enough to take a few minutes and talk about some of the details of the course, so it'll be up in video form later on. TED AND CREW...YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE AND YOUR WORK IS UNFATHOMABLE! I was just there and still don't understand it all. "Next Level," "Evolution," "Ground Breaking," all those cliches don't mean shit because it is so much bigger than that! Can't wait to watch this on Freecaster from the comfort, safety and sun-free environment of my living room.

17. Zippo

Zippo Pow Wow!

Attached Files:

18. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
  19. RC_Compton

RC_Compton Straight Outta CPT

EMT for Riverside County
    Why Cant I Be There Right Now?!

20. Thrillride

Student at SDSU
    So what is it tomorrow.....or the next day it's taking place???? Can't wait!! Is there a TV station hosting it??? Where can I catch all the footage??