Reality Check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moochy, Mar 13, 2005.

1. moochy

moochy New Member

Student
    I was just surfin the net and came across this post on socalmtb.com. A guy had an unfortunate crash at westridge trail last weekend. This quote says it all:

"The guy never moved, no pulse or heartbeat when we found him. I think he was gone the minute he hit the ground. but there were some heroic efforts to save him. the medics managed to get a pulse, but no respiration...later my friend heard from the firemen that he didn't make it. His name was Adam Don. he was 36 and lived in santa monica. and the trail mix in his camel back had m&m's in it..."

You can read the rest of the replies here:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/messages/messages/150206170343.htm#150213202327

Remember to be safe when you're out there riding (especially on an unfamiliar trail). We don't need any more accidents like this.

Also, like someone mentions on that board. It's a good idea to keep some emergency contact info in your pak, as well as a cell phone with some local police and fire station numbers. We all should be prepared just in case something like this happens when we're around.

2. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Wow :(

For most this is only a tragic story with a reminder to keep safety in mind. But to those who knew this man (family and friends), it hits a lot harder. Sad to hear. Hope his family and friends are somewhat ok [-o<

3. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    That is sad...
    ...and it makes you realize how ephemeral life is. I'm sure that we have all had our share of close calls...some closer than others.

I know this will remind me to be mindful and to appreciate my life and all that I am lucky to have.

It sounds like he was a nice guy, so I expect his spirit will live on in the hearts of the many people he touched!
    My thoughts are out to the family!

4. ocrider

ocrider New Member

College student/USFS Ranger/Mountain bike Racer
    Home Page:
    Thas sad i was just over there today.

5. i am dino

i am dino Guest

I agree with TEX, we must really appreciate life. Its so easy to forget how blessed we are.  Enjoy life and live it to the fullest, you never know when your number will be called.

6. ocmtb

ocmtb New Member

school
    i saw that guy that day just before we went up cholla