"Raindrops Keep Fallin' on the Luge,"

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by kioti, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dubjay

dubjay Having upgraditis is OK

Work for publisher of fashion magazines
    Home Page:
    Thanks kioti. I was the one that rode by while you were working on that corner who asked if you'll be able to get out before dark :)

For the others who might be interested, I got a ride in at STT/Luge today. The climb up STT to the flagpole is in great shape. There are a few slightly moist sections as you descend down to the flagpole so just be aware of that.

Past the flagpole, it's all good up to the 1st overlook. Then you'll start seeing some puddles up to the 2nd overlook. That's where I ended up turning around so I can't report on the rest. The dirt was starting to stick to my tires, so I figured it was best to head back down.

The Luge itself is in great shape overall. Again, a few wet sections, so don't expect your tires to have total traction.

I think another day or two of sunshine and the Luge will probably be in optimal condition.

2. tink bell

tink bell the food fairy

purchasing mgr
    yeah, but treve's a nutter. ;)

tks kids!

3. BigT

BigT New Member

"Bruce Lee" Ha! I got a chuckle outta the image of myself karate chopping the limbs while yelling something in english but my mouth was moving in Japanese.:lol::lol: Good times!

4. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Kioti - was great to see you in action today! The new mods are great and the trail is in great shape. Thank you!!

5. kioti

kioti Active Member

I don't understand the question.
    Sounded like a T-Rex chomping on some tasty Stegosaurus bones..

But then it turned out to be the tree-consuming BigT!!! (Nature, you have been warned.)

6. kioti

kioti Active Member

Well, I received the 'grooming' packages (is there something I should know?) from Tink Bell and J_Sims, and my girlfriend and I are now sweeter smellin' and more stylish than ever. Thank you both :)

Can't say the same for my dog, Rufus, whose idea of good grooming is rolling in coyote poop and laying in a puddle of mud.

Attached Files:

7. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    So basically after all of the time you have spent grooming the trail, the trail is indirectly grooming you and yours....

BTW one of the greatest dog pics EVER!!!!!!

Thanks for all that you do up there...

8. kioti

kioti Active Member

You might get the idea that Rufus is lazy and just lives for pleasure. But he IS a WORKING dog, and trailwork is no exception. When he's not busy excavating the Luge, he is ACTIVELY body-packing it.

BTW, thats a ring of saliva wrapped around his muzzle, brought on by the furious, full-body flapping he did after applying the coyote "cologne."

9. PAIN

PAIN New Member

The dog pic is awesome.:lol:

10. dirtyjeff

dirtyjeff The same, but different

REBAR? what?
    after 2 months off my bike, my 1st ride was the Luge. kioti, I must thank you for the work you have done, great job. I want to help, but have limited time. If you posted up something, I think there are a lot of locals that would come out and give you a hand. Again, Thank you! :beer:

11. kioti

kioti Active Member

Thanks, everyone, for all the positive feedback.

I'm planning to put together a trailwork event that STR members can come to. It will probably be a tune-up of the Luge and the STT near the flag.

Unfortunately, I was advised that vehicles were recently reported driving up to Old Camp on the recovering singletrack. As a result, my immediate plans have shifted to blocking access of those vehicles. I've started working on that, and it will be my #1 priority until completed. The goal is to come up with a long-term solution that keeps out vehicles while simultaneously improving the trail for legal users.

Its my hope that this 'protective' trail and road work is finished by the end of the year. Then we can get back fine-tuning the Luge and STT, and I'll definitely want some help with that.