Quick Sunday Ride @ the Oaks...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Allan_28, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Allan_28

Allan_28 New Member

California Workers Compensation claim processor
  2. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Nice ride and video, thanks for posting it, and good job on the trail etiquette. Oaks was busy today; kudos to you for yielding for those hikers coming up Barham.

On Grasshopper, when you get to that technical rock drop thing towards the top, there is a line to the right that I like better than the one you took and which most people probably take (that don't just take the switchback). Rather than going into the channel, you stay to the right and drop straight down. It's a little unnerving in that you can't really see it until you have to committ to it but it lines you up perfectly for the landing--it's a straight shot. I prefer it over going through that channel and you don't have to slow down as much as it's a straight line. If you haven't tried it before, you might want to check it out next time.

Similar thing on Chutes Ridgeline, after the table tops, there's a line to the left which I think you took and one to the right that is a jump but it is straight and there's nothing hard about it other than allowing yourself to go off of it--your bike knows what to do if you don't do drastic like overbraking or pushing your front end down when you go off of it; if you stay relaxed and neutral you just land and maintain your momentum for the hill that's just ahead, instead of the line to the left that makes you maneuver over some rocks and loose rock and steer left-right-left....

3. Allan_28

Allan_28 New Member

today was my first time taking grasshopper and I really got surprised with that rock drop, I will check that line to the right next time I go. Overall a fun quick ride.Thanks

4. Vinhy

Vinhy New Member

Nice video. I've never seen so many hikers on barham ridge!

im just like you- slow down for hikers, give a friendly greeting, then afterwards say to myself "damnit" due to having to slow down, haha

5. Allan_28

Allan_28 New Member

lol yup there was ton of hikers, I hate to slow down but we all have to share the trail.