"push ind. like" suspension service in escondido?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by foolkiller, Dec 29, 2011.

1. foolkiller

foolkiller New Member

i stumbled across a "push industries like" shop in escondido on the web a few weeks back and told a buddy that needs his forks worked badly about it... now he wants the name of the shop and i can't find anything in escondido of the nature.

anyone know of the shop i'm trying to find or did i dream this?

i know i can search more and probably stumble on it again but i snowboarded for the first time in 4 years today and between my sun baked pupils and me being beat down a bit i'm having a hard time squinting at this screen.

btw... i rarely contribute posts on sites like these because all that i know is already out there... but on the rare occasion that i do, i like to thank all you folks who discuss and leave all the info out there for me to find.

so thanks folks, j

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

There is Iso tuned in Murrieta. I would do a search on his shop though as it been very hit and miss as far as customer service.

3. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

There is no shop like PUSH Industries in So Cal. There are a few who make an effort once in a while, though.

4. monstertiki

monstertiki New Member

I have heard some good things about garage works in irvine. You might try giving them a call.
    [​IMG]

5. Jorge Lujan

Jorge Lujan New Member

I just got my rebuilt Fox RP 23 back from Push today. They did an incredible job. Turned the shock around in 1 day, and overnighted it back to me. Their tech called me while he was working on the rebuild, and let me know what the issue was with my shock before the repair. I haven't had that kind of service in a long time....

6. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

i wouldnt touch iso tuned with a ten foot pole.....do yourself a favor and send to push

7. foolkiller

foolkiller New Member

thanks folks...

j

8. sasquatch9billion

sasquatch9billion Active Member

Non-profiteer.
    Home Page:
    I maybe dredging up a dead thread but I'm looking for a local rebuild on my RS Pike. A buddy of mine told me Garage works is hit or miss but I like that I can drive over to drop/pick-up. Does anyone else have experience with them. I'm pretty sure they used to be located in Laguna cyn.
    Drake's reviews went from glowing to total shit and Push has rave reviews but I'd rather not deal with shipping. Thanx in advance.-t

9. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Rebuild or custom tune. Most all shops can rebuild your fork, for a custom tune done right send it to Push.

Dean

10. sasquatch9billion

sasquatch9billion Active Member

Non-profiteer.
    Home Page:
    Thanks, I figure if I'm gonna do the rebuild, I may as well pop for the custom tune.

11. TreeTopMike

TreeTopMike New Member

..another very satisfied Push customer. I just got my fox talas back. I hated the talas feature and had it converted to float as well as a full service/rebuild. Schedule went as stated, and like the poster above, I too got a very comforting call from the tech during the project informing me of the service details and exact date of return.

Good stuff!! A+++

12. foolkiller

foolkiller New Member

So my buddy that wanted his fork worked (first post) just decided to run it as is... not nearly as committed to his bike as i am. but since i kinda owe a follow up, below is what have to say about my suspension tuning experience.

A simple and light weight 36 FLOAT R O/B up front and FLOAT R out back is my XC setup on my Nomad... they never performed well so I was always riding around on my coil/coil setup that is a bit overkill for XC. Finally sent the FLOAT Rs to PUSH... I could not be happier with the results. I will still swap on my coils and other assorted DH/AMish parts for the appropriate rides but I now have the XC version of my bike that I have been struggling to get right for a couple years thanks to the PUSH team. I put a lot of miles in this weekend and the bike really answered all bells in both small bump compliance and appropriate use of full travel. Both units were installed and ridden with the pressure and settings right out of the box from PUSH and did really well. I did add one click of rebound eventually but I can really geek out on something like shock settings so one adjustment to get the performance dialed is pretty spot on.

i post this review in this ancient thread for two reasons... i found little info on results of tuning FLOAT Rs because everyone opts for more techy versions of suspension and now here it is. And i never have much to offer on the forums since most topics have been discussed at length before i get to it... so here that is too.

13. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    2 years later..

Thanks for update nonetheless

14. tim-ti

tim-ti New Member

Garage Works are no longer in Irvine, they moved south, near San Diego I think, perhaps close to Escondido?

15. foolkiller

foolkiller New Member

what can i say... it was a two year long project.