Race Report Predator Night Race 11/13/10

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by mntnbomber, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mntnbomber

mntnbomber New Member

Hey everyone. I thought the night race was a blast! The course was really fun, not too technical but not a walk in the park either. I thought it was set up very well for the first time. The course was lit really good though most of it. The wall was pretty dark, but I survived. I'm definitely looking forward to the next night race.
    I can't wait to see how all the pictures turned out.

2. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
    Pictures are online.

www.BlueFirePictures.com

I tried to keep the flash to the side and low. Partly so it was well out of the riders eyes and to keep the effect that you were riding in the dark.

We offer a custom color adjustment option on all purchases. It make a big difference on night shots.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

I want to see the other picture styles from the other photogs.

Good race everyone. See you next weekend.

3. downhillnews

downhillnews New Member

I didnt make the drive but probably would have used fill cards like 3 feet feet high with flashes bouncing off them back onto riders....

4. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
  5. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

Video

No pics, just an amateurish home video I put together. If you don't like old skool club music you may want to hit the mute.....:lol:

[youtube]FohSeCBtKB4[/youtube]

6. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

thanks for the video, I was curious to see how this race would go. I'm going to try and make it next sun. The club music was dope.

7. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Wow, that brought back memories of racing MotoX at Orange County Raceway in the 70's. What a hoot!!! We got there early so we could practice and get the course memorized while it was still daylight. Of course the wind came up and instead of dying down in the afternoon it kept up all night. There was one tricky left hander on the upper Pro/Expert split that I just couldn't wrap my head around. I tried several times including clipping a pedal and landing on the top tube, not something you want to attempt in the dark. Since the female participation was a whopping total of 4, there was no one in my class so I opted to race on the Sport Course instead. With my knees being so arthritic, dabbing and putting a foot down are not in my best interest. And hiking is another matter......The dust was blowing and the temps dropped by race time so Roger opted to help Donny put up some additional lights instead of racing. He was also nice enough to push my bike up the hill for my race run. I played it conservative and didn't pedal as much as I would in the daylight as there were alot of rocks I couldn't see. I had an absolute friggin' blast and can't wait for the night summer series next year.

P.S. We didn't end up staying for awards, we were too tired!

Photo by Randy Lovin

76892_1710248998679_1311737691_1945857_2474984_n.jpg

8. MikeLord

MikeLord Lost in LA

eCommerce/Technical Consultant
    Home Page:
    Photos from this race are up. Stephanie Wolf and I worked together to shoot this race because we knew it would be tuff and needed multiple strobes to get some high quality shots. We picked a section that looked good to us so I hope you like them to. Below is a link to the photos we shot along with some practice shots which came out pretty good if you were lucky enough to get in the mix :)

http://www.six3events.com/2010/mountain-bike/predator-night-race/

Here are some samples

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also holidays are around the corner. If you need some awesome family shots or portraits with your honey please check out our new website www.ShutterWolf.com to schedule your shoot.

Stephanie Wolf & Mike Lord