Prayer is needed....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DirtymikeTDB, Jul 20, 2011.

1. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    Ugh. I drive by that intersection on Irvine Blvd and Culver all the time. The police need to get out there and start handing out fines for littering and arresting the the kids who write "in memory of...." on the power transformer for graffiti vandalism.

I think it's a trendy thing now more than anything. You'd think the president died there. Time to move on.

2. guero

guero iFroth

remembering loved ones is trendy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  3. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I dont want anyone to pray for a slap on the wrist..... Liek I said, I would be the first one to turn the key on the cell if they would allow me to. And if read clearly the paryer are not for a slap on the wrist.... its that this will be the straw that turns him around.

Excellent post. Excellent points. In reality I am more dissapointed than upset with him, but you bring up a great point for those that are here saying no mercy no prayers.... jus tlike myself always look at your own past before making that conclusion.

Yeah he should be severly punished, you and I agree on that perfectly... seriously, I would love it if they had a chain gang and made him go work in shitty conditions for terrible pay ETC ETC... I think we should bring chaingangs back.

But about the CA mindset part, it isnt how the law is written that is doing this to put him away for life, its the DA using a loophole to prosecute each offense in seperate trials to make an example out of him. In the DA's words... Your a former service member, you should know better so we are going to use you to show other service members what happens.......

Look I know alot of opinions are here about what should or shouldnt happen so I will share mine.

I want to see him get a five year sentance with half. Thats means at 2.5 he can be paroled with an anklet and house arrest anytime he is not at work or looking for work. I know under a normal circumstance that the DA add's as many charges as they can to scare people into a plea, my friend was told "I am not offering a plea..." Now His prior was a DUI when he was in the Corp.... get this one maybe it will help more understanding....... his housing area he was in has limited hours parking on the streets... PMO knocked on his door and asked him to move his car into his driveway... so he did, as he stepped out they tagged him with a breath test...... Well the CORP doesnt mess around so he was charged full pop DUI..... That was the first time he learned a small lesson.... There are alot of lesons I want him to learn in all this..... wont go over all of them.

but I will say again, my prayers are not for him getting a slap on teh wrist, its that it will be fair and appropriate, he will keep his sanity, find sobriety, and get the help he needs.

4. Cosmo64

Cosmo64 New Member

Aircraft Tech
    I really doubt that the DA will get away with having three different trails for each offense, especially these days with the court system so backed up and when the closet trail date is at least 1-2 years away. If your buddy has any sort of lawyer with a pulse, the three separate trail thing should never happen...

I understand what you want for your buddy..positive thoughts so that he may get his head screwed on straight... BUT

He should be prosecuted for the crimes he committed, I have no tolerance for drunk driving...I just can't imagine being that drunk or not right in the head to run from the cops...maybe he should also be charged with felony stupid

5. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Check your PM's

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Member

artist, picture framer
    Freudian slip?

7. Poolman

Poolman New Member

Pool Service Man
    Home Page:

Best thing that ever happened to me!! Gave me time to consider my actions.

8. Cosmo64

Cosmo64 New Member

Aircraft Tech
    Suffering from dyslexic finger brain connection..should not try to write when tired....lol

Or is it I would rather be on a trail...hmmm

9. BikeThePlanet

BikeThePlanet Active Member

F him. Drink and driving, repeat offender, speeding away while evading police . . . F him. I teach. I have lost three students in as many years (well one was not a student of mine yet, Danny Oates, but countless friends ended up being). I'll even go so far as to support, you drive under the influence, and kill someone . . . pre-meditated murder instead of manslaughter. Don't claim ignorance. Everybody knows how many people are killed by people driving under the influence. And a repeat offender? Like the dumb ass spoiled girl that killed the bicyclist in CDM. F her, too.

10. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

That was straight forward, but I wanted to take a second to respond to this one. No, I am not going to argue your stance on the matter, you are entitled to your feelings and opinions, and entitled to express them, I actually respect your feelings and opinions so I will not argue them.

But I wanted to say it pains me to learn you have lost multiple students to alcohol, happenings like that are just what I am praying my friend never ends up causing. As far as alcohol related deaths... you and I actually feel the same way... if your intoxicated, it should fall under premeditated... I am thankful noone was hurt, but just like others say if he doesnt change its a matter of time. That is what my parayers are for, for him to change before someone does get hurt.

The repeat offender part.... I will say it a little more flat out though, I listed it once, but here it is..... he was screwed on that. He was told by PMO to move his car... then after moving twenty feet to his driveway... AS INSTRUCTED... they hit him with a DUI.... there may not be more than meets the eye with this offense.... b ut the prior there is.

For everyone else..... the DA has been instructed by the judge to try as one case, so the three strikes is now out. I wont be able to actually talk to him till tomorrow evening, but my deputy friend tells me he has already been asking for help and how to get into rehab and therapy. The Chaplain wont be seeing him till during the week which is good because I want to let him know he is coming. I want him to know I dont expect him to start bible thumping etc etc.... just that he will be stopping in to check on him as a favor to me so I can have current updates as to his situation, of course if he wants a bible and wants to get into a regular bible study there is the opportunity<I hope he see's the light and takes this one, but all I can do is pray on that> Its his choice either way, and as with everyone, I will respect what he decides.

11. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss human being

Home Page:
    The situation sucks, plain and simple. You want prayer, you got it. I pray that your friend (and every non believer) finds the plan for salvation through Jesus Christ and strives to be righteous. I pray that he fully accepts the consequences for his action, even if that includes life in jail.

12. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Straight forward and direct....... Perfect.

13. Silver

Silver New Member

If you're a Christian wondering why someone could possibly find a thread like this annoying, just re-read the bold part.

14. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    It's futile to argue with Hotchkiss. It's Jesus Himself who claimed to be the exclusive way of salvation. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Me". John 14:6.

Yes, he needs to face the penalty of the error which is due. Yet, I will also pray for his turning to Jesus.

Edit: Here's an idea; if you find this thread annoying, don't open it.

15. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss human being

Home Page:
    I was just letting Dirtymike know that I was doing what he asked for in his original post. Not sure why someone would start reading a thread titled "prayer needed" then feel the need to post thier distaste over the pious nature of our posts. It's not like it was titled "cute kittie pictures" and you opened to find "Just Kidding, lets talk about the eternal condition of your souls!".

16. commplex

commplex SSuper SSlacker

Insurance Agent
    amen!!!!

17. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

God speed that he learns from his mistake and he is forgiven for what he has done! Prayers coming his way!

18. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Are you offended when a Christian prays for a non beliver? That they would have their eyes opened? The post in question was an absolutle correct statement... Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and Jesus Chrsit alone.

I really am curious though, I will not judge your beliefs or disbeliefs... I am guessing<just guessing> that with your post you may not be a believer... If so thats cool, its your choice.. If I am indded correct in my guess does it offend you if Christians still pray for you?

Proclaimed..... Its the way God intended it to be. For a translation... God said its this way..... Jesus came and let us in on the secret...... Nw that also leads us into a tricky discussion.. the Trinity.... it can be confusing for people, and I dont belive the internet forum is the place..... I personally discuss the Trinity in person.

I do want to add something about myself here, if I offend/offended anyone with my religous beliefs I apologize. The last thing I want to do is offend anyone, its not what I am called to do. I will also offer this... I will not preach to someone who doesnt want it, all that does is push them further away, if anyone here is on the fence as to if giving there life and heart to Jesus is for them.... feel free to send me a PM, I would be happy to answer as much as I can..... I am far from a model Christian, but I am forgiven not perfect...... If I do not have an answer to your question I will find it, its another way of teaching myself and coming closer to the lord.

I also want to ask those who are annoyed, or want to leave negetive posts, please dont. I am asking for a simple prayer those who understand get it.... If you dont its ok I am not offended if your thoughts are completly opposite of mine, your entitled just as I am.

19. Silver

Silver New Member

You're a Christian, right? Forgive me.

20. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    Already done. : D