Post your Fully Loop injuries.

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by rojomas, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    Many moons ago on a night ride, I was following my friend across the road at the golf course. As soon as we entered the loose rocks (kinda off camber), I saw him swerve. I didn't see the metal post and my handlebar caught the pole and threw me over the bars. Landed with my arms stretched out and popped my left shoulder out of the socket.

2. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    Blew out my back in the play area before the long steeps into laguna lake. Tried the big drop on the back side anf landed funny.

3. zerogravity

zerogravity (R.I.P.) Lets Ride!!!!

Graphic Designer, Track owner
    Home Page:
    Here is my buddy KAZ on his 2nd Loop Ride.
    [​IMG]

And here is the outcome. Ahh Good Times!
    [​IMG]

4. randalnelson

randalnelson Member

sales rep
    Collarbone 2008

IMG_0347.jpg
    Never under estimate The Loop

5. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    How did I miss this thread?

Just before Easter, riding solo & just about finished. Got to the short trail that dumps onto the pavement behind Golfers' Paradise. I've done it hundreds of times. I made the loose left easily, let off the brakes and hugged the brush line on the high side to avoid the ruts. Just before the the easy left at the bottom my front tire got kicked out (rock?) and my tire landed squarely in a rut. I was launched, over rotated and landed flat on my back. I was pretty shook up and I knew something broke but my collarbone felt fine. I started to feel a little faint so I walked a few steps to the tree and tried to relax. Two riders came up within a few minutes and were awesome help. When I opened my eyes to talk with them - all was dark :(. I didn't feel the pain now, I was just hoping I didn't loose my sight. Over the next five minutes my vision slowly came back and we walked down the putting green and waited for my ride. Final results - broken scapula (shoulder blade) but NO surgery required and severely traumatized rotator cuff. Eight weeks immobilized, ten weeks range of motion therapy and I'm in my fourth month of strength training. I'd say my shoulder is 95% on range of motion and 150% on strength and my balance is sooo much better. What a nice way to enter my 50's.........

tofl1.jpg

Special thanks to the St. Jude CAT Scan operator - Damien (dman233 here on STR) :clap: