Pet Peeves, lets hear yours!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by guero, Jan 22, 2007.

1. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

OH no!!

Did I leave my video monitors on again . Whats wrong with pink bikes ha ha My Willie is going to be riding a pink bike. Now you did it you hurt her feelings.:(

2. nomad

nomad New Member

truck mechanic
    Women Putng On Makeup While Driving , Changing Lanes Into Me On The Freeway While Im Riding My Harley . Pisses Me Off

3. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    My guess would be Chumba
    (I don't have anything against them, that is just my guess)

4. El Salt

El Salt Guest

This too would be my BIGGEST cycling related peeve. There is no trail, no place, where you can't at least make eye contact, rase a pinky off the bar, or slightly nod. I mean if you're bombing down something, OK, but then we are not likley passing each other anyway. I find, after riding N.Cal, OR, CO, UT, WA and AZ, that this is more a "SoCal" thing.

Non-cycling peeve would be the BlueTooth in the ear cell phone headsets. I love people that just seem to have them in 24/7. You're NOT Lieutenant Uhura.

Attached Files:

5. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    I lot of people venting in this thread.

My pet peeve would have to be people who yell out of their cars or throw shit at you while you're riding on the street. I mean really are you not man enough to say something while you're standing right in front of me? Never had stuff thrown at me but whenever I hear of someone running into a rude motorist it pisses me off.

6. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!
    people who dont know other peoples past injuries or situations, and decide when body armor is appropriate or not, focus on your own selfs:mad:

aaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

7. guero

guero iFroth

werd, i'm pickin' up what you are layin' down.

8. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    People who know there on a toll road, see it coming up and still don't have there money ready.

People who drive slow and when you finally get past them, they're on a cellphone.

Lazy slobs who think that everyone should pick up after them.

People who don't pull up to the forward gas pump.

Car stereo's that are sooo loud that even with your window closed you can still hear their $t!t.

9. Break n Bones

Break n Bones OFS

gunsmith for KPD swat teams
    What ticks me off

When Im riding my favorite trail haveing a great time and I pass a bunch of young bikers standing beside the trail and they are all laughing and pointing at me yelling something about my helmet... :mad:

What :?: I think its kool

Its even kooler when I go night rideing

Attached Files:

10. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams
    Dood! What that? It's like 30 years old. And it's been crashed on way to many times. Pony up and get a nes lid!

11. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    I hate when people cut me off then slow down afterwards.....

cops giving me a hard time because I have a shaved head and only wear black socks.8)

12. nomad

nomad New Member

truck mechanic
    People Who Slow Down On The Freeway Because A Cop Has Some One Pulled Over , People Who Honk Or Glare At You When Your On Your Road Bike In The Road Like Your Not Supposed To Be There . People With Those Really Long Leashes On There Dog That IT GOES Clear Across Both Lanes Of The River Bed Bike Trail

13. guero

guero iFroth

just experienced another one:

when you hold the door open for someone, and wait at least 5-10 seconds for them to walk through, and they dont say thanks!!! what the hunk?!?!?!

14. cbHarping

cbHarping When can I ride again?

The Path Bike Shop Webmaster
    When you're driving behind someone who's crawling along and everybody is passing you. Then you pass and see that the driver is too busy talking on their cell phone to drive!

Yesterday I got behind a real slowpoke, but when I passed him, I saw that he was SHAVING with an electric shaver! #-oHe continued down the length of the street, too.

Oh, and one MTB pet peeve - doesn't happen very often, but when people question why I'm wearing kneepads on a cross country trail. Makes me sad...

15. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    That's when you say, "you're welcome" and make them feel bad.

16. guero

guero iFroth

i almost did, but it was in my office, so i didnt wanna cause any static...if it was out around town, i totes woulda said that.

17. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Guys on 5-6" travel All Mountain bikes who park up on Modgeska grade and only ride the fireroad and don't go down the luge. Why because those farkers come flying back down the same fireroad and never yield or slow for climbers. I don't seem to mind the dudes on their 1995 vintage rigs, the ladies or anyone else because they at least slow down or yield. Just the fools on the AM rigs who don't take the Luge!??!

Guys in raised trucks who like to drift into the bike lane and buzz me. Yes, you either can't drive well, or you accomplished your goal of scarying the crap out of me.

18. nappyt

nappyt New Member

People that make smart @$$ comments about other people that try to make worth while contributions.

If you aren't part of the solution that makes you part of the problem. So don't post if you aren't trying to help.

19. guero

guero iFroth

nice ones carl! my friends and i refer to those guys in the big trucks as "bromos" or "bro-dozers". (not all of them, just the tools)

20. Rkoa63

Rkoa63 Certified Newb

CPA
    When someone has their blinker on to get into your lane and you slow down so they can get over and they end up hesitating to get over for so long that you finally speed up to get by them and as soon as your next to them they decide they want to get over now. Then to top it all off, they give you a dirty look like you sped up so they couldn't get over.

And another; just experienced this on the 405 this morning; when people have their left blinker on and then change lanes into the right lane..or vice versa.

With all the bad drivers I thought it would be fun to keep a video camera in my car and turn it on when other drivers are doing something completely stupid and post it on the web for all to see. But then I realized with someone of the areas I drive through I would probably be shot.