Paging LBmtb.......

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by Franky, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    In theory, but as long as it breaks even the vision here is to keep it FUBU.

2. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

People, people...it's real simple. Just start a thread on COD 4, wait for George to nibble, then sneak your question/ concern in all stealth-like.

For example: "I almost had a 9-kill streak using my MP3 on semi-auto, but think the new Classifieds blow and can't upload photos. Would switching to full-auto make a difference?"

Results almost guaranteed.

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Getting warmer. Anybody that has been here for some time knows that I've never been too quick to put up advertising. What other 1.7mil views/month site can you think of that almost never has any ads on the homepage?Plus, one of the early reasons for making STR was to get away from the bigger sites with 20+ ads on each page.

But some of it is also because of time & energy constraints. At one point I actually played with the idea of trying to make STR my full time job in which case I would have tons of time to work a lot more with the members, advertisers, park officials, etc. That'd be my dream job. But after the complaints about a buck fifty for classified ads I realized the community was too sensitive to commercialization for that to be possible. Which is totally okay but that just means I have to keep concentrating on my current bread & butter of being a lead web developer.

Anyway I'm going off on a tangent. Frank, sorry I haven't got back to you sooner on the latest emails. Didn't mean any disrespect by it. Just not my top priority and work burns me out on web dev as it is. I sent some info early late Nov/early Dec but didn't get a reply to that. I'll go ahead and resend that soon with a few more details if you'd like. Same goes to the other few people interesting in doing some marketing with STR.

BTW, in case other people out there are worried about ads, don't be. I'm keeping it to 2 ads max a page for the foreseeable future. And yes I still plan on riding later this month :)

Surprisingly I've only fragged a few times in the last week or so. It's true, ask Bret. :lol: Trying to do that p90x thing on my free time and it's kicking my butt.

4. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

No worries, just trying to give str some financial support.

Sent you a pm George.

Mods can close this thread if they need to.

5. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.