Over the edge at Mount Lowe

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by rojomas, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dirtboy29

Dirtboy29 New Member

I have to question myself every time even a simple fall could result in falling off a cliff or a steep embankment. Stupid stuff happens very easily and sometimes when you least expect it. I’d have to say where luck replaces skill-set I have to walk it. Here’s a little video where a guy’s good-sense is superceded by his friends goading. (it's like one minute he's fine and 120 seconds later it's questionable if he's alive)

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/288377/

Hank

Every now and then I seem to be picking a little piece of rock or... who knows... a little bone chip that comes to the surface while I'm watching TV or something. Think I'll be riding with my g-form protection. I don't fall often but I have to remind myself it's not snow, it's rocks.

2. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    Wicked video. A couple notes:
    1) somebody was probably a little sore after this one, ouch
    2) lots of water bars means lots of air
    3) I would have probably stayed on the paved road when you guys went right (both times). Sweet, that is a nice option
    4) you slowed when already past the walkers, I normally do it the opposite
    5) Both camera dudes steered way inside when the outside looked sketchy, both lost it a couple times when they did. I do that too sometimes but I try and train myself to do the opposite
    6) looks like one of those classic downhills that must be ridden. Somebody put a lot of work into scratching a horizontal trail into a vertical face, thanks old timers.
    Happy trails

3. melster

melster Member

Software
  4. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Many of us know Miles and that video got me looking at what I was going in a different way. Miles is a much better rider than I am.

5. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

It's funny the Miles video was brought up. Dean I'm sure you heard about this. A few weeks ago Tom the Bomb, Oldskool and T2 were climbing up to Mt. Lowe. They were on the Sam Merill to Sunset connector when some how T2 picked a bad line and dismounted into thin air. From what I am told he fell some 40'+. From what Tom the Bomb tells me it reminded him of the Miles crash how he dropped then tumbled a long ways down.

6. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Miles was on this site a few years ago. That video gets a lot of people thinking. -Lloyd :wave:

7. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Tom's last two trips to the Gab's and both of them someone almost dies. Dude is bad luck. I'm not riding with him anymore ;)