OUT OF BOUNDS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evel Knievel, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

In the OC Register's pull out section for my town an article by Eric La Pack states that MTBr's dilute the wilderness feel of A/W park.

In is words

" Expensive housing tracts overlooking this open space and bikers humming up and down the main trails dilute the wildernesss feel of this popular south county park."

Any opinions ?

2. ArrrKelly

ArrrKelly New Member

Designating it a wilderness park was a bit of a stretch to begin with. It is still a nice place to hang out and a priceless asset to the OC.

3. RC

RC New Member

Meat Cutter
    He's an idiot!

4. mytrustysteed

mytrustysteed Middle...the new granny

I would say that before the toll road and the cookie cutter houses A/W was a wilderness park. Now, although the trails are fun to ride, it is just a big park. The lack of wilderness feel has nothing to do with mountain bikers, but the lack of wilderness.

5. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Some people just never understand something unless they're a part of it.

This is almost like how people used to act towards black people before the civil rights movements.

6. EBasil

EBasil Member

Home Page:
    The guy should change his freakin' name, because he's dragging the real Eriks down...

The best way to counter this moron is for riders with families to write letters to the Register, asserting that outdoor activities with their family members are a valuable part of their family experience, riding bicycles together on trails in AV is a fantastic way to enjoy the wilderness together and that its only slightly diminished by child-hating elitists like Mr. ____.

Two crucial points: family activity and demonize the anti-biker as Anti-Family. Make the Taliban motherfocker defend himself. Far better to make him do that in an editorial response than to take the soft approach. The more letters the better, and if you can attach photos of a parent and kid on a trail-a-bike, do it. Enough correspondence and the editors will look twice at such crap before they okay it.

7. project_d

project_d Steve Peat Wannabe

I work in a wine shop, so I get paid to drink...ni
    Hey Evil...

Can you post an a-mail address or mailing address as well as the name of somebody in some department of the OC Register so I can send them my opinion? Seriously, it sounds like he's just another Sierra Nazi. I love sharing trails with everybody, and his lack of understanding is just juvenile. :-k

8. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

What bothers me the most is that Eric Le Park 's article was titled " OUT OF BOUNDS". Then he adds a jab at bikers in the first sentence. I don't know of any trail called o_Of B. ? Then he goes on to describe no paticular trail that has any thing to do with out of bounds riding.

It seems that Hearst tactics are being used. A quick glance reader is left with poor impressions of MTBers.