Race Report OTH #4 - Disco Fever

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by HighRevPhoto, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    I had a Dos Equis - $4. to support the event vendor :?:

- Then cup topped off with a newkie, and enjoyed a Guinness when I got home.

2. zman

zman WTF ?

Damm you all i didnt see any beer ha ha

Well nest week im bring a 12 pack and ill be under the FB tent :)

3. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    Were your eyes closed? I had the Newcastles last night and a growler of IPA the previous week. Who knows about next week. And $4 for Tusting brewing out there ain't all bad.

4. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    Second lap I think, I'm going by Dino and he asks if I have any air. My first thought is "Not in my lungs" - then I realize he needed to help someone inlate a tire. I looked down, realized I was on a demo bike and answered "No!".

5. Giddy

Giddy Member

Heavy Equipment Mechanic
    Gettee Getting it!!! :cool:

6. doubleoh7

doubleoh7 Called to Creation

Self Employed
    Home Page:
    He's not trying a superman?? :D

7. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

its a Gris Air , standard bmx move

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

Oakley
    Well, I had "one of those nights" at last night's OTH #4. I was doing OK in B3 and was somewhere in the middle of the pack. I felt good and cleaned "the climb" on the first and second runs through. Then, on my last lap, I was chasing after some expert or sport guys and right before the left turn to hit "the climb" again, I heard it. Snap, crackle, pop..pop..pop...psssssst. Killed three spokes in the rear wheel and instantly flatted. CRAP!! After further inspection when I got home, the three spokes sheared off about an inch from the rear hub on the drive side, right behind the cassette. Absolutely no other signs of damage or impact, and the rear derailleur is in perfect shape. The spokes just broke. BTW, these are 29" carbon Roval wheels. Time to see how Specialized's "limited lifetime warranty" holds up.

I wanted my finishing point, so I ended up walking the last mile and a half (or so) and finished DFL. Good times, but at least I FINISHED!

That said, it was great seeing you all out there last night, especially Disco Dino. Hopefully see you next week, pending I can get my wheel fixed.

9. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

i had a pro/expert guy come by and lock bars, before I had thought about i had already elbowed back and he was on the ground, opps, reflexes

10. CaDownhilldoll

CaDownhilldoll New Member

work pt at 3 jobs and looking
    Well my first xc race in over 5 years was quite the spanking. When i used to race and the had our category on a post and we r all together, thst meant we all take off together. I took off with the mens group that was with us. Sprinted for about 50 yards then heard the announcer say something about sport women. I turned around and hurried back to the start line just in time to turn around at the horn. Sprint # 2 left me sucking wind.. i made it up all the climbs each lap, and kept moving. Remembering the pain of having to go hard the entire way. I can climb.. but not fast..and on the very last climb.. the girl who got third passed my a** . I tried to catch her on the flats and was gaining but the finish line beat me. I placed 4th outta ten in sport women. Not too bad for a comeback.thanks to Fullerton bikes for the entry.. i had a blast just being at the venue and hanging with new friends and old. Happy trails... oh. And Dino.. nice to finally meet you. Thanks for the entertainment and cowbell and groovy dancin.. took my mind off the suffering for a split second.

11. lesserevilcycling

lesserevilcycling New Member

General Manager at Buena Park Bicycles
    I had fun handing out the prices (Glass Cups), and best of all seeing guys who didn't make top 30% last week kill it this week. Great job to all who participate at OTH.

Special thanks to those who came out to help out FB:
    Dino
    Ted
    Hugo
    and everyone else

But most importantly where was Fred? We missed him out there.

12. BROWNIE

BROWNIE I'm good at recess!

work
    As I change up bikes every week I think...this ain't so bad, NOT SO THIS WEEK!!! Some of "You" people call me your friend, well "MY" friends wouldn't talk me into doing stupid shi*....I'm talking SS!!!! After last weeks race I believe Hotchkiss yells out "next week everyone bring their SS to race" (like holding a gun to my head), so I do...but not before Freddy changes my gearing from a 32/20 to a 32/19. Doesn't sound like much does it?, but to someone who's only been riding a SS for a month, it's A LOT! My race was still more of a ride (a ride of survival), but I've accepted the fact that my goal is to finish the race, to hell with where I place.
    Coldbrews, good meeting you also, hope you're coming back for more OTH punishment.
    RacerX, Very nice pictures as always (thanks for the one from last week)
    KyleM, you finally got a thanks form your post...good job!
    Zman, RUFKM!!!! what gearing do you run?!
    Ridetillitburns, I fell asleep in the driveway for 15 minutes or so, LOL. Woke up, unloaded the van went to bed (passed out) by 9:30!, took shower this morning

Mike @ Fullerton Bikes, you are truly an awesome person! giving people the chance to race, who might not ever have is very very cool (the first taste is for free...pusher man!)!

XXX Happy B-Day Kimmi!!!!!!!

13. zman

zman WTF ?

I run a 32 front and 17 rear altho im debating on getting a 33 front
    I might get that and run the fully loop or aliso a few times and see how it goes

14. Hoosierdaddy

Hoosierdaddy I Drink Therefore I Am.

School Bus Mechanic.
    Overwhelming Response!

O.k. everybody here's the deal......

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Disco Dino, he is going to carry on the tradition every week of the "Over The Hump" series!

Next week Dino will be doing "Flashdance"! In order to save a little money on the production cost we need people to donate some costumes/props. We need a blue leotard, (Dino says it goes best with his eyes, who's going to argue with the creative genius that is Dino Brown?) some hot pink leg warmers, a chair, (preferably water proof) a bucket, (for the water drop scene) and a ladder, at least an 8 footer. Dino has been rehearsing all day and he's a little self conscious about how he looks in the leotard, so please don't anyone tell him he looks fat!

We've been brainstorming, Dino and I, and these are some of the shows we're thinking of doing.....

The following week we'll be doing "Greece is the word", no that's not a typo, that's the correct spelling! It will be similar to the 50s type production, but they'll be eating Gyro sandwiches and a fight scene where they'll be using kabobs as swords, oh yeah they'll be some olive oil intertwined into the story line also.

Next is Dino/Dianna, it's a spoof on Victor/Victoria. It's sure to be hilarious!

Here's some more titles we've been working on.....

"A streetcar named Dino", "21 over the humpstreet" (Dino is a big Johnny Depp fan! Dino is an older vice cop that infiltrates an MTB skills class, he gains the confidence of the younger MTB group then turns them in for poaching illegal trails!), "Citizen Kane", (basically, Dino grew up with this Ironhorse bike he called Rosebud and the storyline is about his fun times, like when he broke his knee on it! You get the picture!) One of my favorites is "OklaHomie" ! It's a working title! Surely needs no explanation! Next is "Over the Humpside Story" Where the Jets and the Sharks get into turf wars! It's gonna be great!

We've already been talking to the producers of Glee, and it looks like with all of Dinos connections, we're a shoe in! They'll be shooting the season finale out there! He might branch out and make some musicals/plays on some recent movies, one of Dinos favorites is "Brokeback Mountain" He will need some help with this one, so if any of you GUYS have any acting experience hit him up! Dino is wanting to call it "Brokeback Hump"?

Dino is very busy with rehearsals, so if you need to contact him please go through me. I'm his manager/ producer/ agent! If anyone can think of some more titles I'm all ears, we appreciate the input. As always, Dino knows he would be nothing without his loyal fans, to show his appreciation he will be signing autographs after his shows.

Dino Brown, coming soon to a trail near you!

15. skirt_count455

skirt_count455 New Member

Updated results and standings have gone up at

overthehumpseries.com/race-info/results/

in case you haven't already checked.

16. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Man, after not having the gas I thought I did to pull that off on the high line through there, I felt bad cuz I thought I squeezed the guy in white into the weeds. I ended up catching the two SS guys ahead of me on the climb to the backside and we pulled each other to the 4th steep climb before I popped.

I think I'm still the only guy out there with the bells, so if I'm ever an @$$ to anyone, I'm pretty easy to find for me to buy them the beer I owe them.

17. dburdett

dburdett Member

www.dbMediaGroup.net
    Home Page:
    I must have followed you through the brush on one of the laps, cause one of the three guys ahead of me was seriously jingling.

18. kyle M

kyle M Dirty Drunx

drinking and riding
    this might be the funniest sh!t ever... LMFAO
    :clap:

19. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

20. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

I'm also thinking maybe a Dino does Miami Vice. You know pink sports jacket