Oth #11

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by gigerrider, Aug 20, 2013.

1. gigerrider

gigerrider New Member

Mechanic/full time student
    I was on my way to my best finish in Super sport 12 i think when I ended up taking a soil sample near the end of my third lap:bang::bang:
    I thought I was coming in a little to hot, and washed out. Great night out on the trail good friends good times.
    1229870_656529811024371_453448973_n.jpg
    All of the BP dirt bags

2. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    I had a good run with you Boys.. You guys FB were working the climbs pretty well =) S2 has a good group of racer's. First place is obviously in hes own liege. He was much faster tonight then last week. I was able to keep with him till my stupid chain came off.

3. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Great night. Too bad next week it is all over till 2014. Great event. The OTH crew does a great job!

4. marshal

marshal New Member

I raise gophers :)
    Maybe not, Mike... After the completion of last week's OTH-LA races, I started spreading my ideas: "How about an OTH Winter Race Series?" AND "How about a OTH night race Series?" to the OTH LA and OC Guyz that were there. (They've gotten to know me, since I was a Volunteer Course Marshal (no pun intended), at ALL the OTH-LA races this year.) I wouldn't be surprised if a Winter and/or a Night series was offered in the OC and/or the LA areas... Congrats to all the LA and the OC racers - stay ready and be prepared, in case one of the suggested new series were to be announced.

5. ARGAMA

ARGAMA Member

IT Manager
    I had a great time out there with my son Peter tonight. I am happy to see my son is really enjoy riding MTB and racing at OTH over the course of this summer. He did much better than I do tonight out there as he got 5th place in the Kids 6-8 Race. I think the 12 mile Fully Loop ride with him last Sunday helped boosted his confidence.

I myself on the other hand definitely needs more riding and training. I just did not have it tonight and got the "noodle leg" syndrome for much of the race. Did see more crashes tonight and I hope those riders are okay. Must get more saddle time and get better result for the finale next week!

Overall, I have a fun with my son out there and also good to see some familiar faces from STR.

Cheers,

6. CarbonLegs

Moto Tech
    I was thinking the same thing, I would defenetly do a winter series.

But, one problem might amerge, heavy wear and tear of Irvine lake. But Im in :)

7. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    We were so ready to race since we were out of town last week. I borrowed a fantastic 29er f/s bike for tonight--a Kona Hei Hei Supreme. It's a carbon frame with 1 x 10 gearing (I thought it was 1 x 11 during the race but found out later it wasn't, lol). It felt really good and I had my best finish ever in S4. Now I was only 17/22 but I was not far back of guys in front of me. I'd been finishing 2nd to last with a huge time gap until now. Ava nabbed another 1st Place in Girls 6-8.

8. CarbonLegs

Moto Tech
    My son was trying to catch Ava, he came in second. I also own a 1x10-love it.. Glad you enjoyed the configuration.

9. Albacore

Albacore 34x18

Fireman
    There is always Southridge. But you'll have to venture out of the OC. ;)

10. CarbonLegs

Moto Tech
  11. scottywc

scottywc New Member

Graphic Designer
    Thanks for a great race last night! This was my second race and I'm finding that its a very humbling experience.

I really enjoyed the course and thought the hills really added a bit of a challenge. Was it me or did they get longer after the first laps? I the only part that got we was the hard right turn after the steep downhill on the first section of the course. On my first lap, I was caught up in a three bike pile up. Then on my second lap, with the turn to myself, I eat it again. On well...still had a blast.

I'd be down for a winter series. Maybe a different location?

I was hoping for a better showing, but all in all I had a great time!

12. PLSPhotography

PLSPhotography New Member

Owner of PLS Photography
    Home Page:
    Good morning friends! Steve here from PLSPhotography. We were at OTH last night as the official photographer's of OTH11. I am working on the pics today and tomorrow and hope to have them all posted by Friday sometime at the latest. Meanwhile follow us on Facebook for status updates (PLSPhotography). Here's a link to where the pics will be when they are ready: http://plsphotography.smugmug.com/Sports2013 D06R1473R.jpg

13. Allthatflash

Allthatflash New Member

Photographer/ Owner of Pedal Power Events
    This was by far the best race....the activivties were fun even more then on family night. Best finish so far and the course was longer then usual but I liked it (except for that rocky shoreline section) But i'm sure Matt is laughing every time he throws that in....The drag races were fun as well...sorry Mario I'll hold back a lil next time or I won't wheelie accross the line hehehe ! I saw a rider go down on the left turn right before the jungle section, kinda went into the cactus as he went over the bars...is he ok?

14. Jack

Jack Member

Good times although dnf. Decided to be spectator by that first climb after landbridge. Had fun recognizing and yelling at people. Pedal! Pedal! Pedal! Esp to the ss because that section was brutal.

15. db.mx

db.mx Member

Engineer
    Another super fun race last night. I had my best of the year and certainly felt the best so far. I ended up 3rd in Sport 2, which was a shocker after almost crashing on the start when my foot came unclipped. Late in the race I was all set for second after Mario handed the position to me, but then he made a late charge and I couldn't cover.

And what's up with all the sandbagging anyway?:lol::beer:

16. CarbonLegs

Moto Tech
    Here we go again =)

Rick,

You had a really good,strong tempo with a golden opportunity.

Once we hit the top of the last climb, tempo was gone. Behind you, at your cadence i was able to regroup (just enough) and attack the last portion of the race (being the rest of it was all down hill) by choosing a better line when i passed you and using all the gravy traffic to my advantage in aggressive mode. All this occurred due to my broken spokes, i looked back and i was impressed to see you right behind... Good Work, lets use this and do it again next week for i am tired of Second place =)

I know you are joking about the Sandbagging, no worries =)

17. wheeler

wheeler Member

I not only made a wrong turn once........but twice!#-o

Poor finish but had fun as usual :beer:

18. db.mx

db.mx Member

Engineer
    ha ha ha. Yeah, it was a lot of fun for sure. I was so worked when I caught you and had nothing left at the top of that climb. I'll bring some tin snips to the line to take of a couple spokes on the line again next week. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

19. CarbonLegs

Moto Tech
    You beat me to the line, dam you are strong. I remember you taking off like a beast....

C'mon man, family nights are ten times funner then any other night =)

Bring some twine, so we can all get a tow from the fastest guy..

20. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    OK, please excuse the proud-dad-boasting-moment but I just saw my daughter Ava's time for this race--she came in at 8:38.7 Watching the race, I noticed that she came in near the front of the older 9-11 kids (she races Girls 6-8 ). Her time beat all the kids except for two 9-11 boys. I am stunned! (she's not sugar doping, I swear)

EDIT: Looks like I have to retract my boast. I checked with Linked Cycling and the older kids did take a slightly longer route. Ava still beat the Boys 6-8 times :)