Official PRO 2009-10 Lakers Thread(merged)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mouse jockey, Nov 13, 2009.

1. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    I already told the gang I was not riding even before tonight's game started. El Moro and the ride will be there next week, game 7 between the Lakers and Celtics has only happened only 4 other times, Boston has won all 4 of them. This is for all the marbles, I'm not missing this for anything!

2. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Proves yet once again, rebounding and defense wins ball-games. 52-39 ain't no joke. That's man-handling Boston. Aside from everyone stepping-up, Pau quietly was 1 assist away from a triple double. I honestly can't recall the last time a 7-footer having a triple-double. He's a well-rounded player who does not get the credit he deserves. Loved the energy Shannon's super-human like dunks generated. His head was above the rim. So athletic and very cool to watch!

Shieeeeeeetttttttttt!
    [youtube]bbwXpWbAchI[/youtube]

3. KonaDupee

KonaDupee Soon to be Konaless Dupee

teacher
    Hey, just because I'm a Sacto fan doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't give credit where it's due. There's nothing more pathetic than someone who blindly ignores reality when supporting his team.

As far as knowing facts about the Lakers, that's just being a sports fan. I just want to see good games. Last night was painful to watch.

4. XcShane

XcShane Member

There should be an asterisk on all Thursday night rides stating "there may be decrease in attendence due to the LAKERS game"

5. .8down

.8down Active Member

Lakers have won nothing. It's one game. I'm glad they won, but we all know that around here the ring means the most, esp against the C's on your own floor. I don't think the C's are gonna be held under 70 points next game. Lakers better come with it on Thursday.

6. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

[youtube]tNBsg43cdTc[/youtube]

KOBEEEE!!!

7. kazlx

kazlx New Member

Anaheim Fire Hazmat
    Those Brown dunks were epic. That boy has some ups. He really isn't all that tall at 6'4" and to get to the point of having to duck to not hit your head on the backboard is insane.

8. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    What? Me a Laker fan? #-oNever in a million years.

9. Piranha

Piranha Member

Ride today, watch tomorrow. Doesn't get much better than a game 7 from a fan perspective. :)

10. Bert

Bert Member

Dear Laker Fans,

When your team wins tonight please do not trash, burn, vandalize, and cause havoc in your team's city.

Bert

11. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Those aren't the Lakers fans doing that....it's the Raiders fans.....lol

12. Sl0wM0tion

Sl0wM0tion New Member

So where is everyone watching the game tonight?? I was suppose to go to LA, but work won't let me out early enough. Im thinking of the ESPN zone in Downtown Disney.

13. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    Big Wangs in downtown LA.

14. mouse jockey

mouse jockey i can't type the letter s

molecular researcher
    Watching at home. I'm pretty jacked. I'm a bit nervous though. Not if they lose this game but of the consequences if they don't win. (Sidenote: I will be bummed; existential question: WTH is wrong with me that my happiness is increased or decreased by overpaid child/adults playing ball and the consequences that follow??)

This team is going to be dismantled like in 2004 when they lost to the Pistons (with Rasheed Wallace, how in the world did they lose to the Pistons!!!). Implosion. Goodbye Phil, nice to know ye Fish, maybe even a "sayonora Drew". It's going to be bad.

I think they'll win though. I think most of the team plays better "tight" as opposed to "loose"; they just seem to be more focused. With maybe the exception of Artest (!!!, arrghh) and Odom who play better "loose".

What do you think, am I wrong here?

15. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    [youtube]RyKgaeAoa-g[/youtube]

16. Bert

Bert Member

When did Kobe start playing for The Raiders?

[youtube]
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5L366YJJBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5L366YJJBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

bert

17. KonaDupee

KonaDupee Soon to be Konaless Dupee

teacher
    I think anyone that has a prediction for tonight is either ignorant or biased.

Both teams have played at championship levels (Celtics game 5 & Lakers game 6) at some point during this series.

Both have teams have also absolutely stunk up the arena at least one game this series.

The only *real* factor I think someone could argue is the loss of Perkins for the Celtics. He's no good offensively, but offers some size and strength to throw at LA's length. Even with that taken into account, Boston has plenty of star power that is perfectly able to step up and fill that void with heart.

The Lakers are certainly not lacking in star power, either. This one is a toss up that has little to do with which team is *better*. Both teams have all of the pieces that can--and f*ing should--step it up tonight.

Statistic-driven arguments are all partisan BS at this point. It's all about who wants it more.

18. mouse jockey

mouse jockey i can't type the letter s

molecular researcher
    Exactly, this is what's so good about this series. They are so well matched. Who plays better when both teams HAVE to win?

@eruizela, seeing that video makes me miss Kobe's afro.

19. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

If you're planning on heading to Staples tonight to riot and act like an assjack...

Here's some good pointers (courtesy of Dennis Romero of LA Weekly)...

So you're headed downtown, even though Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and police Chief Charlie Beck told you not to come to the Staples Center area unless you have tickets to tonight's game? You're brave. As longtime observers of the Los Angeles Police Department, we can testify that if stupidity breaks out following the Lakers-Celtics match, somebody's getting his ass kicked (usually it's the guy aping atop a black-and-white yelling "Lay-kurrrrrrrrrrsss!)." It's an assurance meant, in part, to dissuade the tards out there from going apeshit around an asphalt bonfire, but somehow it rarely does. So, if you insist, here's your survival guide: -Bring your buddha sack. You'll need to mellow out before the aggressions begin.
    -Don't forget your lighter. It'll come in handy for buddha, plastic handcuffs (keep them as a souvenir) and other things that might need to be smoked out (the mayor's sense of ethics?).
    -"Do I Look Illegal" and D.A.R.E. t-shirts always keep the cops off your back. Always.
    -Have portable hydration on-hand. We recommend Voss water from Norway, which has a naturally pure finish that pairs well with the sharp, smoky aroma of grilled news van.
    -Buy rugged protection for your iPhone. We understand that some cops like to stomp on them.
    -If you're really up for adventure, wear an all-green outfit and audibly repeat that you always thought Ben Affleck was a much better actor than Matt Damon. (Or dress like a Minuteman and yell, "Mexico sucks!").
    -Yellow and gold foam finger to jab into patrolman's chest while chanting, "We're number one!"
    -Wear knee pads. You'll need some protection when officers knock you on your ass and you pray for mercy.
    -Wear one of those reflective vests so police know where to aim.
    -Memorize a phone number. You get one call in jail.

20. CalEpic

CalEpic member

I hope this game lives up to the drama preceding it. I haven't been this amped for a playoff game in a long time. Game 7's are are the epitome of post season play :bang: