Official PRO 2009-10 Lakers Thread(merged)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mouse jockey, Nov 13, 2009.

1. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    i can't see the lakers--especially kobe/phil losing at home with the series on the line.

but i also can't see anyone stepping up to help kobe on offense.

2. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Bottom line: If Artest and Odom don't step-up and fill the void left behind by Bynum, we're focked! If those two decide to show-up and play with 80-90% of their ability by being physical and banging the ball in the paint and boxing out for rebounds, we'll be fine. They got man-handled by short and fat Boston players yesterday. They should be embarrassed of such bad performances. They have a lot to prove in games 6 and 7 and should be playing with some fire and vendetta. In addition, we need more from Jordan, Shanon, Luke and Sasha off the bench. I'm still feeling confident. I can't see Boston winning games 6 & 7 at Staples. For anyone who says this hasn't been a good NBA Finals is smoking crack and watching entirely something else. It has been nothing short of a battle and the team who's come out with more dominance, has won every time. Bring it!

3. KonaDupee

KonaDupee Soon to be Konaless Dupee

teacher
    So you can point to a game in this series where both teams played well and the better team came out on top after a hard-fought battle?

The better team came out on top last night against an opponent playing up to its potential?

Give me a game where we see the Lakers from Game 1 up against the Celtics from Game 5 & we can call it a good series.

4. gnarboots11

gnarboots11 Member

Civil Engineer
    Both these teams really aren't that good. They would get stomped by Laker teams of the past. The Shaq and Kobe Lakers would sweep these teams out the building and it wouldnt be close, the Showtime Lakers, OMG, it would be ANNHIALATION.

I cannot believe how worthless Artesticle is on offense, it's like the Lakers are playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Scrodom has sucked all season long basically, as soon as he got his contract there big regression, typical NBA player. Pao hasn't been getting inside since game 3, what the hell happened? You would think the Lakers would watch some film after game 4 and come up with some offensive game plan but holy christ it was the same shit to start game 5 as what they were doing in game 4. WHERE'S THE COACHING PHIL? They are bad bad bad bad bad. At this point the Lakers best option is Kobe shooting a 20 foot fade away with 2 defenders in his face and everybody else crashing the boards because these other losers just stand around.

5. KonaDupee

teacher
    OK OK, I know I am asking too much to see the Lakers of Game 1 and the Celtics of Game 5 duking it out. I can dream, can't I?

Here's a typical overreaction article from the Sacramento Bee. I can't say it enough, I don't like Kobe. But the man is a damn good player who knows how to win championships. He knows he can't do it alone & that his only shot at a championship is with a team effort. Enjoy the read:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/06/15/2822836/ailene-voisin-bryant-playing-1.html

6. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Dan as a Queens fan I'm surprised you're even watching the series. Most Sac fans I know are still gripping about 2002 and abstaining from watch anything Lakers.

[youtube]769f_gjkDaA[/youtube]

Sorry man, low hanging fruit. But in all honesty Tyreke Evans is for real. But tell that fool to stop driving 100+ mph on the freeways.

You Say Lakers, I SAY GO!

7. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    The series was fixed. All NBA fans know that. The NBA did not want anything to do with a Sacramento/New Jersey final (ratings=$$). The Kings were robbed. Personally, I've hated the Lakers since way before that series (late 70's- early 80's). http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401
    Also, I cannot stand the Laker bandwagon fans that go to Kings/Lakers games in Sacramento. Half of Arco Arena is a Kobe jersey. These same losers used to wear Mike Bibby, Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic jerseys when the team was in their fabulous playoff run. #-o #-o #-o

Tyreke the Freak. A star is born in Sacramento. This guy is going to be unstoppable. The scary part is that he's only 20. This off season he's working on his jump shot. I agree with the 100 mph incident. What the hell were you thinking, Tyreke??? #-o

8. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    That article is all Kobe hate. That only reason the game was even close was because Kobe was on fire. The plan is to get the others going, but since the other Lakers failed to show, Kobe has no choice.

Look, the Lakers still had to make shots and the Kings still have to play D to stop those shots and make theirs. So tired of hearing how they got robbed. Just like this series and everyone saying that the league wants a 7 game series. Well if the Lakers play like they did in games 4 and 5, they won't get it. :?:

Back to the 2010 series. Boston has played better overall in these 5 games. If the Lakers even came close to playing with that same energy, it would have over in 5. Games 4 and 5 were an example of what happens when you go into a game unprepared and not energized. Missing free throws down the stretch is huge! They make those and people would saying "I doubt the Celtics can win 2 in row at Staples".

If you were to tell at the beginning of season that the Lakers would have to win 2 games of 2 at home to win a NBA championship, I'll take it!

9. kazlx

kazlx New Member

Anaheim Fire Hazmat
    Love or hate Kobe, he's the best player in the NBA. I miss Jordan though :(

10. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

Sacramento was undone by poor free throw shooting (16-30 from the line) and a horrid 2-20 from behind the 3 point line, and a seeming unwillingness for anyone other than Bibby to take crucial shots down the stretch.

That's 53.3% & 10%.
    That ain't no fix.

Down with the celtics!

11. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Knock Knock Knock... Hello Laker fantasy land. Has anybody thought that maybe the Celtics are pushing the Lakers around a bit too much and have stepped up their play?

Oh man you all don't know how bad I want throw out smack talk right now but I will not until the series is 100% over.

12. KonaDupee

teacher

I hate to say it, but he speaks the truth.

KonaDawg, we Sacto fans can bitch all we want, but it's the Kings' own fault that the Lakers were even in position to let Horry's shot clinch the game/series/Sacto future.

Here's to an exciting Game 7...:?:

13. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

What we saw in the first half today is my case and point. When The Lakers play like that, no one can beat them. I hope they maintain the intensity & aggressive play in the 2nd half. Spank them punk-asses!

14. robow8

robow8 Member

exactly JT. Killer D, deadly O.

We need 6 more quarters of this!

15. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    The Lakers played with the energy needed to win. Passion, focused, determination, hustle plays, the Lakers showed what they could do when they put it all on the line. Game 7 will be a classic battle. NO EXCUSES, BRING IT! :bang:

16. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Maybe you better go ahead and throw down sooner rather than later :wave:

17. CalEpic

CalEpic member

That was some impressive defense on the part of the Lakers. Game 7 will be epic. I may have to blow off my ride plans...

18. Bert

Bert Member

How can Professional NBA players miss so many layups? That is like a mechanic not being able to install brake pads.

P A T H E T I C

bert

19. mouse jockey

mouse jockey i can't type the letter s

molecular researcher
    Nailed it.

THAT was fun to watch. Dominant TEAM performance. Sasha had 8 points and those monster dunks by Brown were airs of artistry. Artest !!!

Wait for it...

20. Sl0wM0tion

Sl0wM0tion New Member

KonaDupee and KonaDawgDeluxe I think you guys are more of a Laker fan than I am. And I thought I was a Laker fan cuz my dad took me to watch Kobe play for the first time in Laker jersey at the Pyramid in Long Beach when I was a lil kid. You guys know more facts about the Lake show than I do, hmmm?

Laker Fan For Life Here :beer: