No Laker love this year?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by .8down, Apr 23, 2009.

1. AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin New Member

LOL!!! Did you make this gif yourself mntbiker12?
    I think Sasha didn't get a lot of open looks in the playoffs this year, perhaps because of his reputation as "The Machine" from last year.

2. bvader

bvader Long Live The Gorn!

Tech Guy
    Nicely Done Lakers, now enjoy the celebration and some rest!

Next Up.....

Chargers!

3. .8down

.8down Active Member

I hope you are being sarcastic, cuz 29% is weak. funny how he showed up for his contract year then just became the invisible man...

4. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

IMO, Sasha has gotta go. You're as good as your last year played and overall, his numbers were down. Don't even get me started about being non-existent in the playoffs and the finals. Damn Eastern Euro's! "Trade him, Mitch!"

Ariza and Farmar need to be locked-up with the organization. If this team stays together and are injury free, I could easily see us winning 1-3 more championships in the near future.

5. RazoR

RazoR New Member

Surely you meant Lock up Ariza and Odom, trade Farmar, Sasha and walton for Ben Gordon, I know thats what you meant.

6. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Yes, lock up Odom as well. I'm so glad he showed-up in the finals and played with emotions and heart. It's about damn time! I actually like Farmar and I feel he's got allot more potential so keep him. Walton is a good role player. He'll never be great but he sure has good vision and passes well. Ben Gordon would be a great addition.

7. RazoR

RazoR New Member

yeah well then we agree....when Odom gets the right balance of weed and gummy bears he plays like that, no way we can replace his versatility....and I really like Farmars ballsy offense, but he's small and a defensive liability...Walton sure wore everybody out this year, but played really smart the entire playoffs, wow did I just say something good about fluke? pshhh trade him.

8. mazer75

mazer75 New Member

Move/trade Sasha for sure. What sucks even more than his play in the playoffs is how little trade value he's got now, especially with his contract. Going to be tough to get something good in return.

I think the priority has to be keeping Ariza. He's only 23 years old! Odom, though I love what he did this postseason, is secondary. Ideally we'd re-sign both guys, but that would mean both would have to take less than their market value. Possible, but unlikely.

I'm more worried (right now at least) about Phil's future. I have a sinking feeling that he's going to check out for good and retire. He shouldn't, because this team is setup to win at least 1-2 more titles over the next 5 years, but I think getting his "X" might signal the end. What more does he have to achieve? I hope Phil coaches at least another year, but who knows...

9. RazoR

RazoR New Member

Phil needs to have a conversation with his fused spine and two replaced hips...maybe Jeanie. Your right about Sasha, maybe he can be packaged for an expiring contract deal though....every team has one more reason to NOT deal with the Lakers now....

10. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    You guys are a bunch of rookies talking trades. It's a bit of a knee jerk reaction isn't it? Sasha had a bad post season. He helped the Lakers get to there didn't he? They all have there rolls, he nows his and the Lakers don't need to do much now that they've found their heart IMHO.

Unless they can lock up a proven point guard for any current Laker, they don't need to do anything or suffer what they did when they traded Sam Perkins for Benjamin/Christy because they thought it would improve the team. Remember that? Worse trade in Lakers history.

11. Piranha

Piranha Member

Ya gotta love all the armchair coaches/GM's. ;) Go ride your bikes, will ya?

12. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    F da Lakers

13. AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin New Member

Agreed. Sasha is a great bench player, and he was part of the reason why the Lakers' bench was so dominant in the regular season. In the playoffs I thought he did okay up to game 1 of the finals, then "The Machine" needed a firmware update :) Any team would love to have him on their bench, I hope he stays. You can't trade the machine!!!

14. mntbiker12

mntbiker12 Quest: Singletrack

Marketing Director / Marketing Consultant
    @AeroZep - no someone else did that graphic, but it's one of my favorites

They absolutely have to start working on next year's roster. They have to get better - this was not one of the great all-time Laker championship teams. They were good, better than the rest of the league for sure, but not head and shoulders better.

I think the roster evolved over the course of the season to a point where Mitch has some flexibility. Sasha is still a good shooter despite the playoff performance. His playing time diminished, not so much because he played bad, but others played better and you have to go with your horses during playoffs.

I'm not going to play GM, that's Mitch's job and based on what he's done the last couple of years, I'm not all that concerned. He'll take care of business.

Can't wait for next season!! Go Lakers!! :bang:

15. Gr8 whte

Gr8 whte New Member

I thought how it was kinda funny how they had those kobe and lebron commercials and lebron didnt even make it ..yeah go lakers

16. Gnutz

Gnutz \m/ ( > < ) \m/

Carpenter
  17. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

I don't agree that Sasha had much or anything at all in helping getting the Lakers to the postseason this year. Brown & Farmar took playing time away from him & that's because they were producing and he wasn't. His PPG in 08-09 were down to 5.8 vs. last year they were 8.8 ppg with almost the same amount of minutes played per game as last year. In the playoff's this year, he averaged 3.0 ppg. In the finals, he scored ZERO points and shot many bricks. Sorry, for the kind of money they're paying him, his game needed to be consistently better. Say what you will, the numbers don't lie. Call me an arm chair quarter back but he's gotta go. I, for one, hope he proves me wrong and if kept on the roster, he comes out with a record year next year. It's all about the production and there was none this year.

18. dubjay

dubjay Having upgraditis is OK

Work for publisher of fashion magazines
    Home Page:
  19. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Drop in to congratulate the new NBA Champions :beer: or are you just here to dine on some crow? :lol: