New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TitusChick, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    What a nice build. What's a bike like that weigh? It looks about perfect for this area. What's the travel? The only thing I'd like to do is change the xtr stuff for FSA or RaceFace or even Truvativ.

Sorry aboutthe bike shop employess being idiots. Must be all the big bucks they're making??? But I do agree they have that piss poor attitude from way to many of them. For some weird reason they think they are cool when they try to talk down to people.

2. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    yo wuts crack alacking

3. TitusChick

TitusChick New Member

IT
    Why? Is XTR not good?

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    XTR is good but a lot of people consider it to be overpriced and (although good) not worth the premium. FSA/RaceFace/Truvativ makes good solid components at decent prices. I haven't tried XTR but it's also known to be a bit on the fragile side to save weight.

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    LBmtb pretty much nailed it. If I was to buy Shimano again it would be their XT version, and that's still over priced, but better built.

6. Murmur

Murmur New Member

Partner - Sport Recon
    XTR is great, especially when you buy the complete build and get it at a major discount like both you and I did on that ultimate build kit. There are a lot of Shimano "haters". Your setup is top-shelf...spin and grin.:wave:

As for your experience at Revo, that sucks. I still do my business at Rock n Road in Laguna Niguel - but had to go to Revo to get the bike. I'm not comfortable making that purchase via internet - especially when I was between sizes. I got good service from Greg there, but like I said, I stick to the shop I've known for years. Anyway, congrats again on the ride. I love mine - I just had it professionally fitted which made it even better. I'd highly suggest that if you haven't already and you plan on riding it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006