New to STR

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Acadian, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Everett56

Everett56 New Member

Self employed
    :welcome:Hi, I'll be the guy you'll pass on the hills.Enjoy a homebrew.:beer:

2. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

:welcome: Welcome, as stated above, our "old members" usually do quite a bit of arse whipping on the trails, so you won't get much sympathy for being "age challenged" ;)

3. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

:lol: I was hoping Acadian would have "taken the bait" and posted a pic of his bike! #-o

The advice/opinions he has given (to me) on MTBR have been quite helpful. Hope he is equally willing to "share" (his knowledge) with the members of STR! Thanks! :clap:

Like I said, hope our paths cross... real soon! :beer:

4. Acadian

Acadian New Member

okay I'll bite. ;) here's a sample of what is in my stable...

Mk
    [​IMG]

6Point
    [​IMG]

Sunday
    [​IMG]

5. Dino Brown

Oh My Loooord........ You have three (Iron Horse Bikes) :clap: If UPS drops something off for you today- they are my ADOPTION papers! Sign them....... "DAD". :D
    [​IMG]

6. Acadian

Acadian New Member

I actually have 4 :beer:

[​IMG]

7. Dino Brown

HOLY S#!T .......... Your garage is EXACTLY the way I would like to decorate mine!

If you post a pic of Sam Hill's bike in your garage..... I will have a heart attack! No joke! Most STR members would like to see that!

Glad to have you on board.

P.S.- If (ever) you make it to So. Cal.--- let me know!

8. Acadian

Acadian New Member

haha...the closest thing to Sam's bike I have is my Sunday - but it's already a few years behind (my Sunday is still the original 2005 Factory frame).

I have a few more in my stable, but they are probably of no interest to you since they aren't IH/dw*link ;)

I was planning on doing a SoCal trip this summer, but I've been plague with injuries this year :( Maybe this winter? I love riding down there...

Cheers!

9. Winston

Winston Bad 5%

There goes the neighborhood! For a second I thought I was on Norcaltrailriders.org.

:welcome:

Any plans to upgrade to the 08 7Point? The geometry changes sound interesting, but I will miss the bend in the top tube.

PS - Try to time a Socal trip sometime after we get a couple days of rain down here. Until then we will continue to steal from your water supply. :lol:

10. Dino Brown

No need to post pics of your other bikes. Most people wouldn't be interested anyway.

When you decide to visit So. Cal.- tell me! Quite a few IH riders would love to meet you! We could even set-up a picture and autograph session! :?:

P.S.- If Acadian does upgrade his 7 Point.... I believe his "SON" should get the old bike! :D

11. Acadian

Acadian New Member

I like these little forums, unlike other bigger forums, most threads are about bikes, riding or stuff bike related. :bang:

nah...not going to upgrade any of my IH's in 08. Just gonna ride what I have now. Actually I don't ride my 7Point much since I got the 6Point...I usually alternate between the 6Point, Mk and my HT.

rain?? lizards like me don't like rain ;)

12. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Acadian,
    :welcome:
    I remember you from about 2000, but I forgot which message board. At the time, we were both on riding GT DHi's. Since I don't know what board that was, I don't remember my posting name (LFB, Blaster1200, or maybe ohnoitsyu).

BTW guys, those who don't knkow Acadian, he's the real deal. This guy knows his stuff!

But having said that, you went from a made-in-Santa Ana DHi to an Iron Horse??? :?: (No, I no longer have mine, but another member on this board has it, but doesn't ride it [Jordan?}.)

13. Acadian

Acadian New Member

first: thanks for the props...I'm just an ordinary guy that lives, breathes and dream about bikes all day long.

but I got to give it you you, you have a good memory!! I remember my iDrive GT days - loved those bikes. To this day I think the DHi was one of the best DH bike I've ever owned. I pretty much jumped ships once Andrew H. left GT.

actually I still have an original XCR 1000 at home (the white and blue one)

[​IMG]

14. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Sweet!

Although I'm currently on an M3, I also really liked my DHi. My old DHi (with special "break resistant" rear triangle) and my custom ano XCR1000:

Attached Files:

15. Acadian

Acadian New Member

ah you also had an XCR1000 - very cool!!

well after doing a bit of digging on my old HD I found these pics of my XCR LE which I thought I would share :) good times..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Ya know, I remember seeing those pics on, I think it was, Ridemonkey! At that time, I think I was surprised that you were also an XC guy.

By the way, do you know the story behind the ping pong paddle stickers? If not, the R&D area in Santa Ana had a ping pong table where a bunch of the guys played. Only the frames made in Santa Ana had these stickers.

But the i-drives weren't my only GTs, I also had an RTS Team and an RTS 3 (for my girlfriends to ride), an STS, an LTS, an LTS DH, a LOBO (US made), a ZR1000 (still have, but for sale), and a Pro Series 24 (still have).

17. CeeDubb

CeeDubb 9.8m/sec² - It's the law

Replay Timing
    Home Page:
  18. Acadian

Acadian New Member

like I said - if it's bike related, it's got my name written all over it ;) my girl keeps on giving me a hard time for never owning a TV and not having any furniture, including a bed.

yeah I knew about the ping pong paddles - I remember a pic of the guys playing ping pong in one of their catalog.

sounds like we were both GT fans back then...I also had a Zaskar LE, Zaskar Team, XCR 1000 and an OLD ZRX 1000 which I still rock - that's my road bike. use it when I can't get to dirt - give me my riding fix. man this thread just morphed into a "blast from the past" thread... :beer:

[​IMG]

19. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Oh yeah, I forgot that I had an Avalanch!

I love that ZRX. I wanted one back then, but never made it happen.

I do have some furniture, but the dining room and garage are full of bikes. Fortunately, my gf doesn't complain, probably because I always make sure she has a road bike and mtb dialed and ready to ride. She's not as into it as I am, but that may change in time.

Not even a bed???

20. Acadian

Acadian New Member

my girl doesn't ride - but she is so understanding of about the passion I have for this sport. Not once as she ever complained about me spending all this $$ on bike and all this time riding – which is most of the time, including most weekends.

no bed, I sleep on a thin foam pad... priorities my friend!! ;)