New to mtn biking- Irvine. Lets go ride.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Elitephotooc, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

I have raced motorcycles all my life so im no newbie to the dirt but I am a newbie to mountain biking. I just bought a new GT iDrive 5 1.0 so I am anxious to get out and try this thing out. Saturday morning Oct 21st a me and a couple other newbies are going to take the peters canyon ride in Orange if anyone is interested in joining us. We will be meeting by the tustin marketplace at 8am. If you want to go e-mail me [email protected]. newbies or experienced riders are all welcome to come out. Lets just get out and enjoy a nice little ride saturday morning. Also if any of you have any beginer or intermediate rides planned let me know. I want to get some serious pedal time in on this bike.

Jay

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Welcome Jay. I used to ride moto's years ago, but because of my lack of skill I just got hurt to much and decided I'd rather ride something that didn't do so much damage when I crashed. Plus I like the workout and the quietness of the ride. I know you have to be in pretty good shape even to ride a moto, but biking is a little different. It's a lot harder, but can be even more fun. I hope you give it some time and I hope to ride with you someday. One of my first bikes was a GT I-Drive.

3. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    Jay - welcome. I'm still on DL so cannot join in for this ride, but if you don't want to park at Peters you can also park at Albertsons off of Chapman which is much closer to the park than marketplace. If not familar with Peters, park is a bit short (~6miles) and not much tech but great to start at with some short "steeps climbs". If you want to add some more miles can link with Irvine and even Santiago Oaks (although some trails there can be very tech).

Good luck and PM me if any Q's on these park

4. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome. Yeah riding moto on a competition level is very strenuous and a tough work out thats for sure. Im sure that mountain biking will be the same...maybe a little tougher on the legs though. I spent a ton of cash for my first bike and gear ($3500.00) so im in this for the long run. Kid..thanks for the heads up on the peters ride. Yeah I planned to park at the taco bell parking lot and ride across the street and into peters canyon. I know that its not technical...thats why I picked that place. This will be my first time ever on a mountain bike...yes EVER. haha. so i thought I would get use to the bike and these clip in pedals and my nice new sidi shoes ;) Once I am comfortable ( a ride or 2) then ill move up to something a lil more technical. Ill get bored real quick if i dont keep stepping up and getting into some better terrain.

5. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Welcome aboard, Peters is a perfect place to start. If you can climb Big Red your first time out, I am not riding with you. JK:lol:

If you ask what is Big Red? You will find out when you get there.

Dean

6. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

ah ha, I was thinking the same thing and I'm not kidding! :lol:

Peters is fun. From the sounds of things after a ride or 2 you'll be looking for more. I ride the Oaks alot and would be happy to show ya around.
    Heck, I'd do Peters tomorrow but that work thing is getting in the way again.

7. mtnbikerdude87

mtnbikerdude87 Huh?

welcome to the boards. Im in irvine now for school and I usually ride el moro or aliso. Let me know if your up for any rides.

8. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

well I went out to peters today and did a 3 mile loop and DAMNNNN yeah this so called "big red" killed me!!! about made it just over half way up and i was shot! my legs were on fire and I was out of breath! WOW was that a hill to climb!!! Now going down the back side was fun! hit 28mph (GPS)down the twisty backside...that was a blast! I decided to head out these just b4 sunset...I just couldnt wait to ride!!! Im hooked! Im going back again the in morning. Im down to ride where ever...as long as its not to to nuts YET. I need to work my way up to some of the crazier stuff. but ill be there in no time knowing me. So if you guys dont mind a newbie id love to check out Oaks, Aliso or El moro. Just let me know when and where and im there! just dont try and kill me! haha. [email protected]. Im game for sat afternoon if im not to tore up from sat morning.

9. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

welcome aboard Jay! you found the right site since most of the people on here are cool as hell and love to ride. i'm probly gonna do a newbie ride tomorrow (sat 21st) at Whiting or Aliso if you're interested

10. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

I would have been interested if i got this message earlier. I just got home from doing 2 loops at peters. needless to say i am BEAT! I worked myself to hard I think...I puked at the end of my ride. ewww. I still feel a lil sick. pounding lots of water, hopefully that will help. Now im off to go get me a grilled chicken sandwich to get something in me. Wheew im whiped out.

11. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Nice job on the puking! Welcome to STR, and hopefully we'll puke.....I mean ride together sometime!

12. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

i love them precious momments!!! it truly reminds ya that u have some life in ya!! doesnt it? \\:D/ great job bub!!:beer: and welcome to the group.
    Fullerton Loop is always open to new people that want to push hard and have fun @ the same time. btw dont listen to the rest of the lames here!! Its a great trail for all levels. only SHOW offs ands POSERS!! cannot see the greatness!! plus they all be hating cuzz they dont live close to the trail head!! muhhahahhahahha!!! :bang:

13. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

Thanks for the great welcome guys! I really appreciate it. Now hopefully ill get a couple new people to go ride with...maybe someone who can teach me a thing or two on the trail...like maybe how to avoid throwing up my liter of water. ;)

14. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

Tuesday or Thursday after 4pm, anyone game for a small ride (hour or 2) around OC? if so e-mail me. [email protected]

Jay

15. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer

Do you have lights???

16. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

Nope no light just yet. sun doesnt go down till what...7pm? If it comes to a point as to where I need lights I can get down to the shop and buy some. I figure I should prolly ride a trail I know well if its dark...or at the least ride it with someone who knows it real well and doesnt mind waiting up a lil

17. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

i'll be riding whiting tomorrow starting a little after 5pm. might be doin stt/luge weds night

18. Elitephotooc

Elitephotooc New Member

TK where are you from??? Wends I have class from 430pm till 7pm so no rides on wends for me. Tuesday (today) a buddy and I are going to do whitting ranch/live oak around 5pm. Your more then welcome to join us. You can meet at my place by the tustin marketplace or meet us at the whitting ranch parking lot. Im pretty sure thats what we will be doing. The saturday morning we are going to do Hals Place or the Fullerton loop.

19. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer
    Are you allowed to ride Whitting after sundown??? I thought they kick you out at dusk?

20. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

They ticket AND kick you out