New rider in San Diego

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SoCal Life, Nov 20, 2006.

1. SoCal Life

SoCal Life Squirrel Please

Account Manager
    Hey everyone,

My name is Art and I live in San Diego, specifically Ranch Bernardo. I'm getting back into riding after a few years and I'm still very new to the trails in and around SD. If anyone wants to ride, or just help me get acquainted with the trails in SD, that would be pretty damn cool. The only trail I know/ride is Sycamore Canyon/Martha's Grove. I was able to tag along on a group ride through Lake Calaveras, which was really fun as well. I don't mind a little drive to get in some good riding.

I ride an older Trek Hard Tail and the only upgrades are a new Rock Shox Tora 318, Mavic 220 and XTR V-Brakes and Levers- that I've had since the bike was new. I'm about to completely rebuild the bike to a 27 spd or 1x9 setup(21 spd right now).

See you guys, and gals, on the trails.

2. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Welcome Art. There are some killer trails around SD, I'm sure some of the STR members from that area would welcome you on some of their rides, they're always posting rides on here. I'm not from SD, but when time allows, I head down there to ride. Welcome back to the sport.

3. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    welcome to the site. I have a bunch of extra parts lying around so if you need someting let me know.

I know of a great 22 mile fire road ride in warner springs if you don't mind the drive from SD

Also the Del Mar Canyon by the fairgrounds at del mar is fun

4. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    welcome art hope you enjoy our little community here and find some good trails. im not sure any many trails in SD but I have heard of World CUp and some others that may be a bit different from what your looking for

5. mhughes

mhughes New Member

San Diego rides ...

Since you're in RB, I'd start by checking out Daley Ranch (east of Escondido),
    Poway Lake loop and Mt. Woodson (good workout ride if you do much of Woodson), Lake Hodges (particularly the Mt. Bernardo climb), and Mission Trails (helps to have somebody to show you some stuff in Mission). Elfin Forest is also fun, if a bit of a grind uphill.

Further afield, the Big Laguna area and of course Noble Canyon are great if you've got the time for an hour each way to the trailhead. I wouldn't recommend Noble proper if you aren't pretty comfortable with most of the other rides here - not someplace I'd take somebody just getting back to the sport.

Feel free to PM me for details, directions, etc on any of these, or look at the trail descriptions on Mountain Bike Bill's site ([SIZE=-1]www.mountainbikebill.com) or mtbr.com ...

--Matt
    [/SIZE]

6. SoCal Life

SoCal Life Squirrel Please

Account Manager
    Thanks Everyone.

Matt- I'm sure I'll be in touch.

7. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Hey, not sure how I missed this thread. Anyway, I live in Southern Riverside county but do all my riding in SD--primarily North County. What days and times are you able to ride?? Let me know and I can clue you in on when I ride during the week. I also have a small site dedicated to SD rides-- Stat Mtb *Seek Your Bliss*

I can also let you know when my crew rides on weekends if you want to hook up. Cheers.

-Doug