New guy intro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CalEpic, Feb 3, 2005.

1. CalEpic

CalEpic member

New guy saying hello. I've been lurking for a little while and finally registered. I normally ride at Aliso/Woods, LCWP, El Morro, Whiting and STT.

Good job on the format.

2. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Welcome!

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Welcome and thanks for the website compliment.

Can you ride Tuesdays? I want to do Moro when they open (Feb 15th). check this thread I'm thinking of missing Criminal Justice and Leisure class that day to get in a Morning ride there and maybe an afternoon ride back to back. :-k

4. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Tuesday AM ride

I think I will be in town on the 15th and would like to ride. As it gets closer I'll need to reconfirm.

Man - 2 El Moro rides in 1 day! I'm not sure I'll be able to hang with you!

What route do you normally take? My recent favorite is El Moro Canyon to BFI to Moro Ridge to Missing Link/Fence Line to Redtail/Rattlesnake (have to walk a few sections) to Mach 1 back to El Moro Canyon. I'm pretty spent by the end.

I look forward to it.

5. jinks

jinks New Member

Home Page:
    Hi CalEpic, welcome to the board. I like that route too. Gotta get in missing link and fencline. Those single tracks are fun!

6. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Re: Tuesday AM ride

I've actually never done Moro twice in a row but have thought about it. My legs felt great last time I rode so I might try. Might have to take a ten min break in between each ride though :lol: But yeah . . . I'm sure thre are a lot of people on this site who are faster/in better shape then I am.

I like doing your route except after the rattlesnake part I climb back up to fireroad (I think it's no dogs or no name?) and ride that down to the parking lot.

7. moochy

moochy New Member

Student
    Hey guys, I'm also new to the board. My name's Mike and I ride primarily in Aliso/wood canyon. If anyone needs a riding buddy sometime I'd be glad to. I've been riding for about 1 1/2 years and have not been to many trails around hear other than aliso. If anyone wants to show me some other trails in OC I'd love to ride some new spots. I'm in pretty good shape so you don't have to worry about me fallin behind too bad (still need to work on my riding skills though). I ride a Specialized FSR with a couple upgrades.

8. i am dino

i am dino Guest

welcome moochy. everyone here is pretty cool. we've hooked up for a couple group rides in the last month or so.

myself and FXrob typically ride every sunday morning. once we get some daylight back, i'll be hitting El Moro around six p.m. on wednesdays.

9. moochy

moochy New Member

Student
    Cool. Sunday is my only full day off so tell me where you're gunna ride and i'll try to join you. Not tomorrow of course, My pats are going for their 3rd superbowl (I'm from boston, huge pats and sox fan).