Downhill New Guy... hehehe, i need a little help finding a trail.

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by NipomoGuy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    Well, my name is Alex, and as you can probably tell from my username, i'm from Nipomo.

I usually ride my 2007 Transition Vagrant (best bike i've ever ridden, handles EVERYTHING that a FS bike will, just a bit slower)

Well, i figured that you guys might be able to help me find a specific trail. This is one of the more hidden jems that i know of in SLO county. It starts with an "F" and has a section that was featured in Chainsmoke II (now you guys probably know which trail i'm talking about)

Well, i want to try (and i mean TRY) it out... problem is, i can't find it for the life of me. I know the general area though.

So, any hints? :D PM me if need be.

Thanks!

2. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Only respond with pm's please.

3. SBSinister

SBSinister New Member

PM sent

4. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

well, if you know the general area, keep looking and you'll find it. there's only so many places it can be.

no, I'm not going to just give away that trail either, out of respect for my friends who would like to see it stay as it is.

good luck though. that trail is gnarly gnarly gnarly.

consider trying to hook up with some of the guys up there that ride as well. it's a really cool bunch, and they'll likely help you find your way.

5. g-dub

g-dub Member

Please reconsider riding that trail without an experienced buddy and a prepaid medevac ride. I've looked down over the precipice, no thank you.

Get to know the guys who pass you pedaling up to Rock Garden on their DH bikes. They should be able to help.

6. SBSinister

SBSinister New Member

Hahaha those are the best drop-ins! It's fun when you bring experienced riders up to a drop-in or a trailhead, which to the average person would look like an indent in the side of a cliff, and you get all sorts of funny responses. Usually along the lines of, "what the HELL is this?" "I'm not riding that, I'll hike back if I have to" or "I hate you, do you know that?".

The drop-in for F is one of the most intimidating I've ever done. Skid marks right from the start, and it's a survival mission for a loooong way down.

Upper Velocity at Mammoth is the only sanctioned race course I've ever seen that had braking skid marks right off the starting line...awesome.

7. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    awesomeness! i went and found it today, went a few hundred feet and decided that i need to bring my body armor just to climb up... it's stupid gnar... and i only saw a little bit of it.... nuts nuts nuts!!!!

tomorrow i'll pull out the knee and elbow pads and climb all the way up... thanks for the help guys, and i know i'm nowhere near ready for it... thats a long ways away!!!!

8. SBSinister

SBSinister New Member

Hahahaha the big F has that effect. It's enough to turn your stomach just looking at sections and imagining having to ride it. Awesome when you finally do though...it actually flows really well once you aren't scared of dying.

9. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

fwiw, the top is easier to find than the bottom, seeing as you already know where it is.

hiking up that trail sounds like a crappy idea in my book.

10. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    lol, sounds like a crappy idea... thats what goes through my head every day :D i usually end up hurt in some way shape or form... but it's all in good fun :)

11. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
  12. LadiesMan

LadiesMan Pro Member

General Contractor
    Home Page:
    Pardon my ignorance, but why? is this just to help keep a trail less ridden from getting too many people on it? Too dangerous?

13. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

More like trying to give the appearance of not being culpable in tacit approval of poaching illegal trails.

14. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

1. it's illegal
    2. it's VERY dangerous
    3. many people would like to see it no clogged up with people who don't know what theyre doing.

15. Orangesicle

Orangesicle New Member

Ok. Puuleaze pm me, someone, on F.
    I've been hiking up Suwee for a couple of weeks and there has got to be more "fun" trials around like that one that aren't so far north.
    Drops, rocks, natural and built up stunts.
    And no. I haven't cleared the double double yet. Effing keep casing on the landing. But I keep trying.
    Someone just recently built up that lip w/another rock and some earth. A few others too. Apparently the rangers are ok with building as long as no imported materials (wood, steel, concrete) are used, and no new trails get cut.
    And the hikers love the bell and a shout out. Haven't met any dew shizz there yet.