New Format

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by chumbaracing, Feb 25, 2006.

1. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

What happened to the calendar feature? That feature was nice.

2. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Try reading some of the other threads about the new format and what's coming.

That feature was a 'hack' that was added to phpBB but vBulletin doesn't have something very similar right now. Some people are working on calender modifications for vB but a lot of those are still in testing phases. And yes I did like that and would like something like that here as well.

Worst case scenario is I'll just build it myself once I get better at PHP and MYSQL.

IMO this has been the only downside of moving to vBulletin.

Until this here's what you can do
    1. There is still a calender here which you can use. The site homeopage will show upcoming events pulled from the calender.
    2. Or just post the ride in the trail head forum. It's not that hard to click once to go inside this forum and check up on rides (unless you're really really really lazy )

3. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

thanks for all your hard work george... looking foward to seeing the new calendar...the only functions i really used were the recent forum threads and the calendar...now the recent forum threads dont show how many posts or who posted most recently in that thread (which was a cool feature because you could see how much activity was going on without even clicking on it)...hope to get those features back, and I think I would be posting more...also, how do you get back to the home page now?