New Anthem X Advanced

Discussion in 'Fullerton Bikes' started by slowrouleur, Apr 10, 2013.

1. slowrouleur

slowrouleur Member

Government
    raptX.jpg I just want to say thanks to Mike at Fullerton Bikes. I knew I wanted a new Anthem X Advanced frame in an XL. However, from what I gathered at other shops was that the frame was on back-order in my size and it would be a while to get it, like June. I went to FB and talked to Mike about the frame and he said "let me see what I can do, you know I'm one of the premier Giant shops in the nation". Long story short, he got a Anthem X Advanced 0 in my size as a complete bike, stripped it down and built it up for me with a full XT build in less than 2 weeks, and he gave me a great deal too. I rode it for the first time this past week and had a blast. As you can see in the pic I took it to CHSP for it's maiden ride and it was the perfect bike for there. It's where I do most of my riding since I live in north-east Fullerton. Looking forward to great relationship with FB in the future.

2. zman

zman WTF ?

Mike and crew are great :bang:

3. exrcyst

exrcyst Member

The saddle looks so small to me in relation to the frame since I ride small and medium bikes, lol. Looks great, and I'm certain handling is the same. I love the attention to detail, like how even the lettering on the tire sidewalls are lined up with the decals on the rims.

4. slowrouleur

slowrouleur Member

Government
    I used my old fizik aliante gamma that I had and know my a$$ like. It came with a fizik tundra that is even smaller that I couldn't see spending any time on. I'm 6'5" so even with the 22" seat tube, I'm still showing a lot of seat post.

You must be a roadie if you noticed the tires/rims lining up:). They did a great job building it up. I just need to ride it a bit and get it dialed in.

5. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    Glad to hear you like it! I just bought the same frame/fork and am in the process of having it built up do I haven't had the pleasure of riding it yet. (Which is torturing me, by the way.)

I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on the bike when you have a little more ride time.

6. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Congratulations!

Over the past 12 months, I have "demoed" the Anthem 29 at least two dozen times (thanks Mike for use of your personal bikes)... I was very impressed with the way the bike climbed, pedaled and descended. If I were in the market for a (4", XC, Race) 29er, it would definitely be my first choice (and yes, I'm well aware it's Maestro and not a dw-link)... :)

Once again, congratulations!

7. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    Nice build! There is something to be said for our relationships. Giant is generally a "box-bike" brand, and what's available is what you get. You want boutique? build and Ibis, Santa Cruz, Niner, etc. You want a custom build kit on a Giant? "That frame will be available week X" At least that's what most people think. This is YOUR LBS! Talk to us about what you want, and if it in any way makes sense or is possible, Mike, Ryno, Dino, and PK will make it happen. Legitimately.

"Fullerton Bicycle Co: Making dreams come true one bike at a time..."

Has a nice ring to it.

8. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    I'm proud to say my Anthem 29 was pre-demo'ed by Dino Brown himself and earned his Seal of Approval (scuffs).

Congrats on the purchase! It's a killer ride!

9. emr88

emr88 New Member

nerd
    Nice bike! I have the alloy version and love it.

10. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Thanks James. As you now know. The Anthem is a great well rounded bikes that can kind of do it all. It is one of my all time favorite bikes ever owned. I look forward to a ride with you and our friendship. Enjoy the bike. Ride life ride giant