need your input

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Admin, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Admin

Admin New Member

I think I figured out how to arrange the trail talk forum to make it quick and easy to post trail conditions and find/read that information.
    • Have sub-forums in trail talk forum corresponding to regions in Socal
    • Inside those sub-forums, have threads about each trail in that region
    • The trail threads will have good descriptive first post about the trail with links and the first post will be always be at the top (no matter what page of the thread you're on)
    • Posts will be ordered with the newest post being the highest one. That way the most recent info is shown first.
    Also . . . gps files can be uploaded as an attachment. On the trail talk forum page there will be an attachment browser that will quickly let you see all the attachments (and hopefully lots of gps files).

There could also be a "Trails" drop down menu on the navigation bar similar to the "Quick Links" which will have links to the trail info.

Does this sound like it could work? Suggestions? Comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  2. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    May I suggest that there be a section for Marshall Canyon and the Claremont Wilderness. Lots of good riding up there. I'm sure Armando could help with information. All I know is that the trail whooped my donkey.

3. pshloss

pshloss New Member

I think you should be careful on the distinction between regions, parks and trails. In order to be most useful, I would want trail-level info, especially to know if singletracks are overgrown or muddy (or closed). It would be good to informally assign a primary person to keep each park or group of trails up to date. Also, need to make sure only trail conditions get into these threads.

A fancier idea is to avoid the threads and just post info in a table format like:

Park Trail Condition(have codes) Date(of update) Link(to trail info)

4. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    i agree with pshloss and his idea... maybe get locals to certain trails to do the updates once a week...that would be great for me since i live way down in san bernardino and dont want to drive up to orange county for a trail that is un-rideable or that has been bulldozed or closed because of hikers or some strange un earthy event...maybe all trails can't be updated frequently, but i am sure a majority of them can be