My new rigs..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chumbaracing, Apr 9, 2005.

1. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

OK, so after 7 years of grueling higher education, 12-14 hour days in a dark, corner office, I've finally got something to show for it.

2. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Those are some sweet rides.

Tell me more about the Chumba?  Is that a 5" X 5" travel bike.  What's the frame weigh?

Also, question, why aren't you running a disc brake on the rear of the solo-one?

Thanks for posting man.

P'dUp

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    His chumba is 5" all around with the talas up front and rp3 (new) in the back. Feels as light or lighter then my 575 but dont have hard numbers.

Cool bikes.

4. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    I like the Solo One Alan, clean looking bike! Are you going to put a disc brake in the back also? Those look like golf shoes, you play golf too?

5. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Hey Guys,

I didn't put disc brakes in the rear for the Solo One because the hub isn't disc brake compatible although there are disc brake tabs on the frame. I figure I could upgrade the hub later on to a Chris King or something like that and put on the disc brake in the rear.

As for the weight of the Chumba, it's really feather light as George says, although it looks otherwise because the tubes are so large and the construction looks so beefy.

Rob, yea, I play golf. Do you? Where do you play? Maybe we can go for some rounds one of these days.

6. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    I use to play golf a lot, but sort of gave it up after getting into mountain biking. The cost of $40-$60 rounds of golf and not getting nearly as much excercise is what made me stop playing. I still play once in awhile.....maybe we can go play a round sometime.

7. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Yea exactly. That's why I quit too. Sure -- golf once in awhile is ok, especially with a cold beer and appetizers afterwards.

8. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Nice rides Alan!

I actually play golf too. We should go to some little par 3/4 course soon. (usually cheaper than the big courses).

9. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    CTorta,

I'm wondering if you think the Horst rear on your Chumba climbs and brakes better than your other bike (575?).

I kinda think the Horst bikes have better small bump sensitivity and SEEM to brake better downhill. But who knows, I brake way too much going downhill anyways. :)

P'dUp

10. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    The 575 is my bike. His other bike used to be an Spec. Enduro.

11. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Yea, I love the Chumba, no pedal bob at all, climbs like a monkey, carves up single track, and very smooth on the downhills. They are great bikes -- it will blow you away.