My Fully loop ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Pain Freak, May 21, 2006.

1. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I did the loop today. I got there a little late and as I was putting my bike together I found out I had lost the nut end of my skewer. A guy (Matt) that was parked next to me had found a little nut and a washer and I was good to go. I decided to ride with them and they were pretty good guys. They showed me a few different places I hadn't rode before. Towards the end they decided to stay on the gravel road and I wanted to climb over the hill and meet on the other side. As I crested the hill I seen some other guys going over the other side. I followed them, and I seen a very funny mass wipe out. The guy in the back who was the least experienced forgot how his brakes worked (I'm not kidding) He then proceeded to plow into his four friends who were trying to go down this short steep section. He took them all out. I was already over the side and brakes will not stop you here, but will slow you down. I navigated my way through the mayhem and stopped when I got to the bottom. I left my bike there and climbed back up to help untangle the mess. I didn't want to laugh, but remembering how he took them out was just to funny. As I started to help, they all started laughing and telling this guy, Charles, that even though he might be the slowest he'll have to go out front on the downhills. After we got them all apart and down to the bottom they did an inventory on their injuries. They all had some small cuts and a little road rash here and there. I wished them good luck and pedeled on my way.
    As I got to the street I didn't see the guys I started with and I figured they must have rode on. So I stepped it up as much as the singlespeed 32:20 gearing would let me. When I got to the courthouse lot their vehicles were still there, so somehow I missed them. I left the wrench Matt had loaned me then went to the LBS for a new skewer. I then figured I still need some ride time, so I went and did Marshall again. It almost got cold down there. Funny though the place was deserted. I didn't see a single person when I was there. Must have been the late start. I made it to the top gate in 49 minutes.

2. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Okay, so, no matter what, at least give me some credit. I have never forgotten how my brakes work! Duuuude. How do you do that?#-o

Did you take that same route up Marshall that we did on Saturday? If so, did you clean that singletrack? That thing sucked! :)

3. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I avoided that switchback section and climbed the fireroad thru there. It still kicked my arse.

4. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Either way, it's still manly to do both in the same day. Marshall can get the blood pumping! Nice one. :bang: