My Easter Ride. (With pix!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciaran, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Ciaran

Ciaran New Member

Home Page:
    Went riding today since it was such a nice day and I was skipping out on the relatives today. It's a short loop and I didn't take pix of all the rocks and such. I really just wanted to test out the cheapy camera I picked up off of e-bay.

I rode Mt. Lowe railway today. It seems to be turning into my regular ride since it's so close to home. The paved ride up...
    [​IMG]

It's pretty steep so I ride and push untill I get tired... then I ride and push some more... eventually I had to rest...
    The steed...
    [​IMG]

Climb push climb push. In the left of the pic you can see the trail that we will be taking down.
    [​IMG]

Eventually we reach the trailhead going down. This is the short loop. The paved road keeps going, turns into a dirt road and goes up, up up.
    [​IMG]

But we're heading down. This is about a mile down...
    [​IMG]

Me...
    [​IMG]

The green! I love the green...
    [​IMG]

The steed again... .243 hardtail. Boxxers up front. She's a blast to ride.
    [​IMG]

Conditions were excellent! I ran into a lot of hikers but I talked to all of them and everyone was real friendly.

My only question is why the heck would anyone ride the paved road DOWN when there is a bitchin trail right next to it? Buncha sissies!. :)

Fun fun fun!

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Great pix! That place looks pretty fun, and very green! How many miles was the loop that you did? Where is it located? I still haven't gone out of riding south OC and I really want to try to squeeze in some LA County rides before it gets too hot.

3. project_d

project_d Steve Peat Wannabe

I work in a wine shop, so I get paid to drink...ni
    Very nice!!! A group of 10 of us shuttled and did MT. Lowe The trail was in primo condition, and Sunset, as always, was a blast!!! \:D/

4. Ciaran

Ciaran New Member

Home Page:
    I think the loop turns out to be about 6 miles. Good for a quickie after work and such. It's out here in Pasadena. I can send you directions if you like. It can be stretched out into a much longer ride if you like.

Say, where did you guys shuttle? I have been looking for a good shuttle run up there. If you can, send me some directions, please. I am always up for a shuttle. And yeah, Sunset is a blast! Lots of rocks!

5. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Looks like a real nice place.