My 9-year old kid does not like my politics.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by osmarandsara, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

Right the president is equally invested in the war as the next politician so get off your high horse and stop acting like the liberals don't want a war. If they didn't want a war there wouldn't be a war.

2. bloose

bloose New Member

I used the word liberal. Not democrat. So get off your high horse.

3. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

I don't have a horse and I too used the word liberal. Getting off topic here I'm still down to reenact bad boys 2. We can take a boat trip to gitmo and play in the mine fields. C'mon who's with me?

4. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    This is all in good play, and not to be taken as anger.

Problem is what conservatives are "morally" opposed to suppresses peoples rights and choices. Who are they to tell us who to marry and woman what to do with there body. Its the 21st century and some of the stuff coming out of some of there mouths is like something I hear from a pastor on a Sunday morning. And yet it is wrong to help those need by making the rich pay more takes to help the needy. I'm sorry I missed the memo when did gay marriage become horribly wrong, and helping the poor become something righteous because it keeps money in conservatives pocket. But what do I know. Im just some stupid mooching college kid who has no idea about politics or real life and will probably just mooch of my parents until I can finally put my liberal arts degree to use and become a professional tap dancer on 3rd street in Santa Monica. If you see me, plz donate one of your "earned" dollars into the hat I will have on the floor and continue on.

sincerely yours
    " a stupid liberal"

5. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

WOW! Who's stereo typing now?

Like I said, everyone stereo types...

6. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

I don't have any political affiliation so here are some things I believe in
    Liberal: hookers booze drugs guns peoples rights/choices (bc who am I to tell someone what they can and can't do)

Conservative: fiscal responsibility taxing the rich and some other shit.

Idk the exact numbers but am I wrong to say that the super rich account for most of the philanthropy in this country? So I feel that to tax these "horrible" rich people is the same as taxing the non profits they give to. I also feel the if half of the country would strive to succeed like these "evil" rich people instead of sitting there looking for handouts we'd be in a better position.

7. BROWNIE

BROWNIE I'm good at recess!

work
    DAAAMMMNNN people... Isn't this where RK says " can't we all get a Long Island Ice-T"

Who would like to go on a ride? As long as there isn't any cross burning this is a group (as in EVERYONE that posted in this thread) that needs to get out on a ride and remember why we're on STR. So when the rains go away and the trails dry up, let's have a group ride by BTP (hippies make people feel good by their positive karma).

8. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

I believe he said meth not long island iced tea but I could be wrong. LET'S RIDE!

9. geek

geek Member

10. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    This thread keeps getting better and better, so Gene please don't close it.. this is exactly what should've been expected to happen, and nobody should be surprised or disappointed. That being said, I won't reply to any specific posts but I have many friends who share my views politically, and certainly some that do not, and it's always a good time to get different takes on issues.. I do find it interesting that when I look at my most liberal minded buddy, a very good life long friend, I paid significantly more in federal taxes this year than he earned all together.. so does that make me a better person? Absolutely not, but do we have significantly different priorities and levels of responsibility, yes we do! We're still great friends but I can't help but keep wishing he will pull his head out someday :)

11. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    and everyone joins a public board with expectations we all think the same becuase we ride bikes??????

12. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Active Member

I'm still waiting for the ride-off between BROWNIE and BTP.......

13. BROWNIE

BROWNIE I'm good at recess!

work
    I know nothing of this ride you speak of lady... I'm never home when he stops by my house (have you read his RR) anyways...I've heard you were bat shit crazy, now I know. LOL!!!!!

14. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    Hm. Reading this thread, I found the selfish anarchist deep down in me was greatly inclined to agree with some of you more vocal conservatives. ...but then decided perhaps I was being too cynical, so I decided to take a more optimistic approach, and realized that even though, like the Roman empire ours was patterned after, our government rewards and encourages the least virtuous and most aggressive to rise to the top, we can all take comfort in knowing that no matter how righteous/idiotic one another are, none of us here are so corrupt that we're actually in any position of real power to make any decisions about any of it.

For all our passion/bluster, no one is listening to any of us for input.

I guess this is why science and philosophy seem to be a more productive use of time than politics and religion.

15. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

I smoke swisher sweets and drink miller high life, last time i checked im a white dude......you are the racist.....idiot

16. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
  17. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    I've always loved that $50 Lesson.. classic

18. bing!

bing! Active Member

the 9 year old probably knows well enough that killing american citizens with a drone strike, even in the absence of any operational intelligence, is not a good thing. this administration is a good example for why we need the second amendment :(

19. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    man just when I thought I was going to start making friends, this thread gets bumped again

20. rainhell77

rainhell77 New Member

Can't blame him politics suck ass!