Music

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DeadlyStryker, Jun 8, 2005.

?

what kind of music do you like?

1. rock

55.1%
  2. rap

1.9%
  3. classical

0.9%
  4. everything

28.0%
  5. county

1.9%
  6. other

12.1%
  1. DeadlyStryker

DeadlyStryker New Member

school
    what kind of music do all of you like, and what are/is your favorite song/s?

classic rock all the way...favorite songs right now:

The Grand Illusion - Styx
    Sweet Child Of Mine- Guns N Roses
    November Rain- Guns N Roses
    Mr. Roboto- Styx

2. DeadlyStryker

DeadlyStryker New Member

school
    Wow. So after coming back to the forums after quite a long break, I did a search looking for music tastes on the forums. Apparently I had the same idea three years ago!

So what type of music do you like to listen to, preferably while riding. Maybe a little discussion this time...

3. supralight

supralight New Member

money tree in backyard
    :bang:motherfuc|<ing Dragonforce!!!:bang:

4. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

I don't listen all the time while riding.

But in general...(copied and pasted from MySpace)

I listen to classic rock, 80's, oldies, reggae, jazz, blues...anything but rap. My favorite band is Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - brownie points if you know who they are! I can't stand Star 98.7 - not as much because of the (largely crappy) music, but moreso because of their uber-annoying, super-shallow radio personalities. But they DO offer us Totally 80's weekends, so I guess that balances out. =D Some other musicians/bands of interest, in NO particular order, are: Toad the Wet Sprocket, Cake, Crowded House, Steel Pulse, Dean Martin, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen, Rush, AC/DC, Frank Sinatra, They Might Be Giants, The Police, Dave Brubeck, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Duke Ellington, Jamiroquai, Queensryche, Faith No More, Tony Bennett, Louis Armstrong, Crash Test Dummies, Count Basie, John Coltrane, The Cars, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Stan Getz, Huey Lewis, The Scorpions, Phil Collins, Greenday, Dexter Gordon, Ratt, Def Leppard, Thelonius Monk, Herbie Hancock, Beethoven, Gershwin, Liszt...and anything and everything in between.

5. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Hmmm Here are a couple of bands I like. I guess you can call it Rock N Roll if you want. I also like classic rock blues and Jazz.

4 skins, 7 seconds, 999, 45 grave, adolescents, aggression, angry Samoans, agnostic front, amerikan made, the authority, aus rotten, the ballistics, battalion of saints, bikini kill, blanks 77, blatz, blitz, blondi, bratmobile, the briggs, broken bones, broken society , buzzcocks, cocksparrer , the cars , the casualties, chaotic, china white, di , discontent, drain bramaged , discords, d.o.a. the clash christian death, choking victim, circle jerks, clit 45, convicted, cockney rejects, conflict, cramps, crass, dead boys, defiance, devotchkas, detox, discharge, disorder, dri, dropkick murphys, eater, english dogs, the exploited , husker du , the joneses, knucklehead, f-minus, final conflict, the forgotten , face to face flogging molly, flux of pink indians, the forgotten, the grabbers, generation x, gbh, germs, the humpers, icons of filth, Johnny thunders , large hardware , lost cause , leftover crack, minor threat, motherfist, murder city devils, the numbersnew york dolls, nofx, one hit wonder, the partisans, the pist, the pixies, quincy punx,red cross rancid, rudimentary peni, the stitches, les stiches , sex pistols, sham 69, street dogs, screwdriver, the smut peddlers, subterfuge, toy dolls, turbonegro, uk subs, unseen, u.x.a. us bombs, vice squad ,visual discrimination , vibrators, the virus, the voids, vandals , the werdos x, xray spexs, youth brigade, zounds

6. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

I like Oingo Boingo. :)

and pretty much anything by Danny Elfman.

7. DeadlyStryker

DeadlyStryker New Member

school
    In the years this thread was dead, I had no posts. I come back and bring it alive. In less than five minutes I have five posts. People actually RODE their bikes back then...

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle New Member

accounting
    <--------

and SKA!!!!!

9. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Jason's got some really good bads up in that list.

I kinda listen to everything (except Country and classical)

Right now I am on a She Wants Revenge kick. But top overall band has to be NIN.

10. jonathan_sykes81

jonathan_sykes81 GET FORMULA

Military
    it doesn't have to be hard, it's just gotta rock, led zeppelin, pink floyd, the grateful dead, lynyrd skynyrd, the doors, the allman bros. band, stevie ray vaughan, sublime, deep fuzz, jack johnson, matt costa, g. love, animal liberation orchestra, tommy guerrero, the pixies, the police, incubus, social distortion, rancid, john butler trio, louis XIV, portishead, arcade fire, the beta band, bob marley, face to face, fugazi, dave, donavon frankenreiter, ray lamontagne, the specials, calexico, citified, weezer, she wants revenge, spoon, frank black, eagles of death metal, violent femmes, red hot chili peppers, faith no more, dog fashion disco, hot chip, the yeah, yeah, yeahs, john mayer, the doves, wolfmother, my morning jacket, manu chao, etc, etc, etc.

11. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

I think Joe Jackson is an brilliant song writer. ;)
    He is punk without being to harsh. Another couple of my favorites of the list that just stand out in my mind is Generation X/Billy Idol
    and Big Audio dynamite/Clash. :bang:
    Both should be easily recognizable from anyone on here.
    Not all punk= head acne. It's just not really really lame I think that is why I like it.:?:

I also like Madness, The Jam and Mighty Mighty Bostones and some older classic mod ska music.

12. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    anything but rap and country.

13. rjrbignell

rjrbignell owed a living

bike shop employee / independant contractor
    basically everything that jason had, but I'd add Blood for Blood, Kids Like Us, and Badlands (the dutch oi band, not the crap 80's metal one:lol:). :bang:

14. el_d00der1n0

el_d00der1n0 New Member

Home Page:
    the short list:

the pixies
    tom waits
    joy division
    bauhaus
    public enemy
    slim whitman
    bela bartok
    joanna newsome
    jethro tull
    floyd
    bowie
    stones
    dvorak
    tchaikovsky
    nick cave
    minor threat
    soundgarden
    the melvins
    white zombie
    jobim
    coltrane
    artie shaw
    monk
    blonde redhead

15. SheDevil

SheDevil I just ride my bike....

I have a CD plugged in right now that has Angels and Airwaves and Vampire Weekend on it...

16. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Well, i'm probably somewhat of a 'music snob', as i've been a record collector for 30+ years. There's too much good music out there to narrow it down to a single genre... impossible to list merely a few records (or CDs/etc) or a few songs.

17. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

I wouldn't be bragging about Styxx too publicly. Someone might get the wrong impression and there will go your credibility. I'd keep that selection to yourself, if I were you. :)

Rock, punk, blues and some old skool rap.

Tool
    Clash
    Pearl Jam
    Specials
    Sex Pistols
    Siouxie
    Peter Gabriel
    R.A.T.M.
    N.I.N.
    Elvis Costello
    Ramones
    Dead Kennedy's
    Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Stones
    Bowie
    Clapton
    The Doors
    Roy Orbison
    Petty
    C.S.N.
    Hendrix
    Dire Straits (older material)
    AC/DC (Bon Scott era)
    Zappa
    Deep Purple
    Rainbow/Dio
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Stevie Ray
    Black Flag
    Devo
    Talking Heads
    Social Distortion
    Joy Division
    Flaming Lips
    Bob Marley
    Beastie Boys
    Erik B. & Rakim
    NWA
    Grand Master Flash & The Furious-5
    Whodini

Live shows, hard to beat an old AC/DC performance with Bon Scott & Angus Young. Probably one of the best live performing bands of all time. Lots of energy.

Whole lotta Rosie...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwxD94IBkE

[youtube]v=lPwxD94IBkE[/youtube]

18. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Okay... you asked for it!

My musical influences. Mostly 'rock', but at least ten other genres...

A.C. Marias – Agitation Free - Akritas - Aktuala - Algarnas Tradgard – Alcatraz - Alrune Rod – Alusa Fallax - Am Haus Tam - Ame Son - Charles Amirkhanian – Amon Duul – Amon Duul II – Anna Sjalv Tredje – Annexus Quam - Jorge Antunes - Arachnoid – Arbete och Fritid - Archaia - Area – Art Zoyd – Arzachel – Ash Ra Tempel – Axis – Bachdenkel - Balletto Di Bronzo – Banco del Mutuo Succorso – Syd Barrett – Jean Babtiste Barrierre – Franco Battiato – Francois Bayle – The Beatles - Jac Berrocal – Harry Bertoia – Philippe Besombes – Biglietto Per L’Inferno - Black Humour – Black Sabbath - Blurt – Bomis Prendin – Brainticket – Glen Branca – Brast Burn – Ton Bruynel – Burnin Red Ivanhoe - Butthole Surfers – Cabaret Voltaire – John Cage – Can – Captain Beefheart – Caravan – Catapilla - Catharsis - Monte Cazazza – Chene Noir – Cherry Five – Jani Christou - Chrome – Citta Frontale - Cluster - Code III – Jean Cohen-Solal - Tony Conrad – Comus - Cornucopia - The Cosmic Jokers – Crawling Chaos – Cro Magnon – Cultural Noise – Cupol – Alvin Curran – Wolfgang Dauner Group - Dead Can Dance – Debile Menthol - Decayes - Martin Denny - Der Plan – Deutsche Amerikanische Freundschaft - Devo – Bo Diddley - Tod Dockstader – Dom - Dome – Philippe Doray – Dr. Dopo Jam - Dzyan - John Eaton – Egg – Eiliff - Jean Claude Eloy - Embryo – Emtidi – Brian Eno – Epidermis - Ethno Chip – Etron Fou Leloublan - The Fall – Family - Faust – Fifty Foot Hose – Fille Qui Mousse – Flamen Dialis - Flipper – Floh de Cologne – The Flying Lizards – Food Brain – Foyer des Arts - Friendsound – Frumpy - The Fugs – Funkadelic – Fusioon - Ron Geesin – Genesis – German Oak - Germs – Gift - Gila - Philip Glass - Gnidrolog - Gong – Marran Gosov – Jean Philippe Goude - Ragnar Grippe – Grobschnitt – Group 1850 – Gualberto - Guru Guru - Bruce Haack - Half Japanese – Hampton Grease Band - Harmonia – Hawkwind – Heldon – Pierre Henry – Henry Cow - Heratius - The Human Beast - Ibliss - Ilitch - In Camera – International Harvester - Intersystems - Island - Henry Jacobs - Martin Davorin Jagodic – Jan Dukes de Grey - Warren Jepson - Joy Division – Karuna Khyal - King Crimson – Kingdom Come – The Kinks - Basil Kirchin - Kluster – Kollektiv - Kraftwerk – Krokodil - Krozier & the Generator - L.A.F.M.S. - L. Voag - L’Infonie - La Dusseldorf – Lagger Blues Machine - Lard Free – The Last Poets - Lemon Kittens – Jacques Lejeune – Liliental – Locomotive – Love - Alvin Lucier – Ralph Lundsten – Made In Sweden - Magazzini Criminali Music - Magma - Makers of the Dead Travel Fast – Mammut - Man - Albert Marcoeur - Mars – Maschine Nr. 9 – Mass – Metal Urbain – Costin Miereanu - Ilhan Mimaroglu – Minus Delta T – Mnemonists – Modry Effekt - Moolah - Monitor – The Monks - Moondog – Mother Mallard’s Portable Masterpiece Company – Motherlight - Moving Gelatine Plates – Mr. Albert Show - Gordon Mumma – Museo Rosenbach - Mythos – Conlon Nancarrow – Pandit Pran Nath – Neu! – Nine Days Wonder - Non – Nyl – Ode To Marilyn – OHO - Opus Avantra - Orchid Spangiafora – Os Mundi - Out Of Focus - Out of the Storm - P’o – Pan - Bernard Parmegiani - Harry Partch – Pearls Before Swine – Pere Ubu – Linda Perhacs - Pierrot Lunaire – Pink Floyd – Popol Vuh – Portsmouth Sinfonia – Premiata Forneria Marconi – Primus - Ptose – Pursaflokkur – Raccomandata Ricevuta Ritorno - Eliane Radigue – Nik Raicevic – Rainbow Generator - Red Crayola - Red Noise – Steve Reich - Achim Reichel & Machines - Rema Rema – Renaldo & The Loaf – The Residents – Catherine Ribeiro & Alpes - Terry Riley – Il Rovescio Della Medaglia - Oskar Sala - Samla Mammas Manna – Eric Satie – Sand – Savage Republic – Scattered Order – Pierre Schaeffer – Gunter Schickert – Schizo - Conrad Schnitzler – Second Hand – Seeselberg - Semiramis - Sensations’ Fix – Shylock – Silberbart – Silver Apples - Slapp Happy - Snatch – Sigmund Snopek III – Soft Machine – SPK – Spring - Arturo Stalteri – Steely Dan – Karlheinz Stockhausen – Suicide - Yma Sumac – Supersister - Swell Maps – SYPH - Systematics – Tangerine Dream – Think - Third Ear Band – Thirsty Moon - This Heat - Throbbing Gristle – Tiny Tim – Tomorrow’s Gift - Travelling – Tuxedomoon – Twenty Sixty Six And Then - Tyll - The United States of America - Univers Zero – Urban Sax – Utopia – Vagtazo Halottkemek – Van Der Graaf Generator - Velvet Underground – Verto – Igor Wakhevitch – Walter Wanderley – Wapassou – Web - Weidorje - Wire - The Wind Harp – Wirtschaftswunder – Trevor Wishart – X Blank X - Iannis Xenakis - Yatha Sidhra – La Monte Young - Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention – Die Zimmermanner – ZNR – Zweistein

19. El Rolo

El Rolo its just ahead

a show you might be interested in....

My old scooter club from 20 years ago is having a reunion, and based on the responses on this forum, some of you might be interested in the lineup.

On Switch - classic stooges blended with clash style punk

New fidelity - Jam style british modern pop.

Turkish Delight - needs to be seen to believed

OO Soul - R & B Soul

Saturday June 7th at Di Piatza's in LB, $10 at the door.

Attached Files:

20. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

I still love my scooters.

I used to collect and race them.

( My old scooter club from 20 years ago is having a reunion, and based on the responses on this forum, some of you might be interested in the lineup. )

Attached Files: