Mueller Tunnel Construction

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by MTBMaven, Sep 19, 2008.

1. OCRaider

OCRaider Member

No problem man! Can't wait to get back out there soon, that trail is epic.

2. tep

tep New Member

Hey Joe how long is the climb/trail over Mt D. to Eaton Saddle?? and do we pick it up just behind the Red Box parking lot?

Also, I was checking out Google Maps, and I was wondering if one is able to drive on this road?

-tep

3. Piranha

Piranha Member

Does anyone know the status of the slide (boulders) at the mouth of the Mueller Tunnel? I talked to a shuttler this AM in the JPL lot and he said that they had cleared all the rock around the tunnel mouth. Wow, could this really be so? There were a LOT of boulders.

4. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
    :lol:I just talked to the shuttle guy who rides this trail alot and he said they cleared the rocks and boulders and it is passable again but it's not worthy for vehicle use,wich means it's back on the plate,just ride with caution dont make loud noises and get trough as fast as you can because that area is still unstable! :bang:Back to 2 runs a day wooohoooo! 1st run fly down the tunnel to ruins to el p catch the shuttle again and do red box to switzer to oak wild to jpl for second run! buuuurn baby burn baby burn disco infernoooouououououou.

5. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
    :):wave::clap:

6. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Well the ride from the tunnel usually takes a while longer then Red box to Switzers. I doubt many DH'ers will continue on to JPL as there's a little bit of climbing and a whole bunch of xc riding along with many stream crossings. BTW, on a fun ride from Red Box to Switzers we did it in 16 minutes and I know of guys who say they've done it in 11. So I don't think this will get to overworked.