MTB Vacation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moochy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. moochy

moochy New Member

Student
    I'm thinking about planning some summer trips and i need some ideas so...

What are some good places to go for a mountain bike vacation?
    What is going on with big bear (i think its closed to MTBers right)?
    Does mammoth have good trails to ride on?

Also, where are some good place to go that don't have lifts? norcal? colorado? arizona? (someplace that i can drive to)

2. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    I go to Mammoth every summer to ride. It has every type of riding for all levels. Most people that go to Mammoth just pay and ride the mountain using their lifts.

But their tons more trails around town and off the 395 that are awesome. You gota check with the locals.

But ya I'd defintley check out Mammoth...totally different riding up their. I love riding through the forests!!

Also the dirt near Mammoth is that volcanic pumice stuff thats gets really loose and deep. So I'd recommend early summer while its still somewhat hard from the snow.

3. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Summer?...I would be looking for something at a high elevation. I do not like riding when it gets above 90. For something reasonably close...Mammoth good choice; Lake Tahoe is one of my favorites, if you got the time go to Colorado.

4. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Southern Utah

Southern Utah - lots of choices and within driving distance. The elevation keeps the temps in line. Check with the locals on MTBR for the complete hook-up

Bootleg in Vegas is the Shiyat but in the summer you will melt. If you night ride this could be a possibility. It's on the way to S Utah. Plus the night life is unbeatable.

I have not ridden in the Big Bear area but would love to check out the trails there this summer.

C