Ride Report MTB Haleakala - Maui ! Part Deux

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Skid Row, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Skid Row

Skid Row Member

21.jpg
    Here is a view from the lower section. This section is mainly paved road that takes you past the Ali Lavender Farm, and straight to Rice Park.

21a.jpg

Here is a copy of the map we got in case you would like to go hit up this ride when you are in maui. We took 2 cars, parked one at Rice Park, the other on top at the Observatory.
    Here is another tip... Restrooms are only at the first Observation Deck, none at the very top... Its a long ride up so if you are expecting to go to a rest room at the top.. well there is none there.

22.jpg
    Well that is pretty much it.. We didn't have time to do a post ride beer and burger as we had to get back to our wives and kids. Our escapade took a little longer than expected....took a lil longer to get all the bikes set up, we kind of got lost looking for Rice park, and goofed around took long taking pictures on the way down. So here is a picture from dinner. One of the ladies ordered some kind of fish dish and it came with the head intact ala Chinese cuisine style... I ad hoc-ed it with some sushi rolls for an impromptu post ride meal pix.... :p

If any one has wants any info on the ride feel free to PM me.

Later !

2. giantschwinn

giantschwinn Member

I am going to Maui in two weeks. Unfortunately won't be biking. Any restaurant suggestions?

3. Skid Row

Skid Row Member

There are a ton of good restaurants there, but I really enjoyed these three below... Have a great time there !

Mama's Fish House at the beginning section on the road to Hana. Great views.
    Longhi's in the town of Lahaina. Very historic and established venue.
    Maui Fish and Pasta in the Whaler's village in Kanapali.

4. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    Mama's +1

5. BigTex

BigTex Member

writer/photographer
    Mama's +2, Hula Grill/Barefoot Bar in Ka'anapali and Merriman's in Kapalua. (Disclaimer - I haven't been to the Merriman's in Kapalua, it's fairly new. But if you're in Hawaii and near a Merriman's, go!)

6. AKAlan

AKAlan Member

Film Payroll Accountant
    Also in Lahaina, the wife and I really enjoyed Star Noodle, be prepared to wait for a table. About 20 minutes north in Kapalua we went to a place called Sansei and really liked that as well, it's pretty close to the Ritz-Carlton.