Mt. SAC reports, how was your day?

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Abui, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Mine was outstanding.

award.jpg

and

frame.jpg

2. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Congrats on the trophy and new frame!! Word on the street says that Ross won his junior division and Sarah won beginning womens.

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Really fun day!! Exciting watching everyone racing . Got a little warm for them by the time the beginners started at 11. Guess I should have raced with only one person in my category. ;) I'll post a few pics before I get back to work. Congrats to everyone...they all did so well today. I loved it...leaving the lot the guy in the truck behind Pain Freak yelled "nice rack" :D to me!!! Sooo I won a hitch bike rack in the raffle ...:lol:
    STR represented well and am proud of them all and dang but Brandon only missed first by one second .
    Picture #1: Khai,Klutter (Justin), New2mtb (Romeo) , Sharky, Singletrakk (Jeffrey) and the Saucey Sarah... #2: B-rad (Brandon)...#3: Khai and Romeo were in this line-up but couldn't spot the elusive Sarah ??? Many other STR folks were there...good turnout. Someone post how everyone placed cause I know I'll mess it up but YES that girl took first !! Sarah smoked those trails!! Nice meeting Ross and the other STR riders that were new to me. :wave:

Attached Files:

4. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    sac race

yeah i had a super fun time. =P~ A little too much climbing for me but i shall make up for it in a few weeks at Southridge.!! Thanks jfrmlv :clap: for letting me borrow your bike it was waaaay better than my V10 would have been horrible. [-X it was nice meeting everyone from STR and way to go sharky for winning that rack and other random bike gear. i missed out:-({|=

Attached Files:

5. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    one old guy kept coming up to me during the race and deemed me "GoggleMan"

6. khai

khai New Member

All STR racers did us proud.

Attached Files:

7. jruiz

jruiz Member

i only got fifth in my class but won a sweet heart rate gizmo from the raffle. i brought a coworker along and it was only his fourth time mt biking and he placed third in the clydesdales. props to cannondale for loaning him a bike. i let him borrow a bike that was 3 inches to small for him.

8. singletrakk

singletrakk New Member

it was fun!!many str peeps out there.most I've ever seen at a race.The course had a couple climbs nothing major a lot of breather sections in between so that the climbs wouldn't kill you.you guys all missed out on my spectacular endo a little before the finish line.ended up fourth with average lap time at 29 minutes or so.Course was fun but could've been prepared a little better.all in all a fun filled day!!

9. SScheetz

SScheetz Cracking frames since '88

CAD systems support
    It was a really fun day. Good to see some of you. Congrats to all you who came out to race or offer support. I got second place in the SS class, just behind my brother.

10. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    i thought i recognized scheetz way to go i would have died on an SS

11. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I raced on my ss and got first in the old mans catagory. Lap times were 30 minutes and I got lapped by SSheetz. Him and his brother were taking it easy and still smoked everyone.They had the same exact time, but Dean was out front the whole way so Mark being the good big bro let him go first. What a bro!

I really liked the course this year, but like others have said, it was lose and soft. Downhills were real fun in my opinion. I started out on my ss and didn't want to slow others down, because I knew what was coming up (hill) and being on the ss (which I haven't been training on) I would possibly get in the way of someone who was a lot more serious about the race. On climbing this first hill I got a major cramp in my right thigh, but I continued on. I battled these damn cramps for the rest of the race and quit once but the guys from my LBS talked me back into it and I'm glad the did. After the race we went out again with the beginner class to give some support and to urge them on. This was a lot of fun seeing all that pain on my friends faces. Sauce really tore it up, along with B-rad who missed first by a second. New2mtb got a fourth and Khai would have been up there too, but got a flat and a blown tube. Oh yeah, and there were a couple good crashes. Frank cashed in on the raffle and almost all of us got something. Good day.

And like the guy said Sharky "Nice rack" LOL

12. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Really fun day!\\:D/ Ross cracks me up, shows up about 15 minutes before race time, asks me about pedals for my bike, so I manage to scrounge him up some platforms(I do believe we mentioned you bringing your own pedals before:?: ), then he had never ridden with, or seen Shimano Dual Control levers, and goes out and smokes the juniors! Way to go Ross, oh to be 16, 17, whatever you are, again. I saw Mike hiking when his legs were cramping on the first lap, a reminder why I ride with gears.:lol: I felt like I gave it everything I had, ended up 10th out of 18 in the Sport 35-39 class. Maybe I should've dropped down an age class, would've been third! Oh well, at least Frank(MTBRacer) got to see my slick pass at the end of the first lap! By the way, trekker, what age class were you racing, didn't get a chance to meet you?

13. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Jason was held up by a slower rider on the downhill portion. When they got to the bottom, Jason went around him and bunny hopped the entire curb. Very smooth!

14. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)
    Good plans.....bad clutch!

I blew out my car transmission on the way to the race near Diamond Bar . Do I get some sort of dead car prize?! :?: :confused:

15. new2mtb

new2mtb I'm a newbie!

Slacking
    Actually, I got 5th, but still happy with the results :D nice ride today mike, sscheetz was fast as usual. I would like to thank coates cyclery for all the stuff during the raffle. After I got home i realized all the stuff i won was from them :D also got a chance to meet new faces, sauce, and singletrack. we should do this again next year...

16. blurit

blurit New Member

This race is always fun, I bought some extra raffle tickets and ended up with about $100.00 worth of stuff. I was racing and my kids where collecting my winnings. Thank you Mt Sac, and all the sponsers. Mt Sac Race 2006 024.jpg

Mt Sac Race 2006 022.jpg

17. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    STR has some of the best riders on here! That's why I love this place. It inspires me to get faster and stronger. Congrats all of you!

18. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    yeah i did show up a tid bit late, i did enjoy those pedals tho!! thanks cant wait to race with everyone again

19. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Way to go guys and gals. Looked like a lot of fun.

C

20. b-rad!

b-rad! Ski Bum

Day was great! Second in my class, only lost the sprint by one second!:-({|= This was my second year doing it and once again, i had a blast! It was great to see all the STR folks out there, even if they didnt race! Could always do with more cheerleaders!

btw, Any one with pics from the race, could you e-mail them to me? We're gonna try to put a bunch on the JensonUSA Blog at http://news.jensonusa.com

Thanks!
    Email is [email protected]