Mongoose Announces 2009 Team Roster

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by denmother, Nov 4, 2008.

1. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

From Mountain Bike Action:

Mongoose Announces 2009 Team Roster[​IMG](10/24/2008)

Courtesy of Mongoose, posted by Ryan Cleek[​IMG]
    Mongoose today announced the new 2009 Mongoose mountain bike team. Eric Carter will continue to ride for Mongoose and downhill phenom Mick Hannah returns to mountain bike racing as part of the Mongoose team. Mongoose will continue to support the freeride scene with talented riders such as Steve Romaniuk, Andrew Cho and Garett Buehler.

[​IMG]

Mountain biking legend, Eric Carter, continues to fly the ‘Goose flag. Eric, dubbed as “EC” at Mongoose, has certainly had his fair share of titles and wins throughout his years riding for Mongoose. EC’s focus these days will be to support the sport and the Mongoose brand through his involvement with developing trails, supporting events (like the 12 miles of Ashland) and helping to run Mongoose demos and rides at shops around the country.

Mick Hannah’s return to mountain biking is exciting for the entire mountain bike community and Mongoose is proud to be a part of his comeback. After tearing up the 2007 World Cup scene, Mick’s absence in 2008 left everyone wondering what his future would be. Mick will be back in 2009 to show off his superb racing skills on the new 2009 Mongoose platform and will attend all of the World Cup races, Crankworx, US Open and some other select races in between.

[​IMG]
    Sick Mick

“I’m really excited to start racing again in 2009. I enjoyed my year off but couldn’t stay away from racing. I did a race a few weeks ago and was very encouraged by the way I was riding. I've got my focus back. I’m really happy to be involved with Mongoose,” said Hannah. “I turned down a few offers so I could partner with a company that has one of the most professional teams on the circuit and a great product development staff to work with. I feel confident that this season will be one of my best.”

“I’ve admired Mick’s skills at absolutely pinning it and his professional approach to the sport. Prior to Mick’s signing the two of us discussed our individual approaches to bike development and testing and I quickly realized how much of an asset he can be to our product development process,” said Darren Salsbury, Director of Mongoose Product Development. “It’s not often you can combine athletic prowess with the ability to deliver technically relevant feedback on designs. I’m confident Mongoose bikes are going to continue to progress and refine with Mick’s input.”

Mongoose continues to support the freeride category by resigning Steve Romaniuk and bringing aboard fresh talent such as Garett Buehler and Andrew Cho. All three of the riders will be riding the ‘Goose’s stable of bikes such as the Nugget, Boot’r and Pinn’r and will be hitting up select freeride events and video shoots all year.

2. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
  3. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Romaniuk is a hucker, that's for sure! I wonder if he's going to race or hold down the freeride segment of the team?