Miss California keeps crown...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smokedtitan, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burner

Burner WAWE

I haven't read this thread, but it seems that 5 pages discussing it is playing right into Trump's plan.... make the questions controversial, you'll get a controversial answer, then media frenzy, then more media frenzy, then everyone talking about it.

Trump doesn't care where you stand on the issue, just that you're discussing his pageant. Well done.

Sheep, all of you!!!! #-o

2. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    I looked away and this thread grew by 4 pages. The only post with any merit is the one enclosing these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I rest my case. F all of you for debating politics in the presence of this greatness.

3. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    1. separate but equal...isn't.

2. the tyranny of the majority is democracy by bullies.

3. thank god hetero divorce is still legal...

4. thank god for nipples.

maybe we can pick at this scab of a thread for a few more days, then switch over to abortion or the death penalty. :lol:

:beer:

4. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Matt, once again you've cut to the heart of the matter with aplomb.

Bravo! :clap:

5. timber725

timber725 New Member

would like to be pro MTBer
  6. chuckie108

chuckie108 New Member

Homo's and hetero's have the same rights- Hetero's can't marry someone of the same sex either- what's the problem?:wave:

7. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Apparently I'm an artist of some description
    Is semantically equal to "whites have their own drinking fountains and blacks have theirs, where's the problem?" or perhaps (hypothetically) "Christians can only marry Christians and Non Christians can only marry Non Christians, where's the problem?"

See the problem yet?

As for Trump, meh, I'm still not going to watch the ****ing thing, I have better things to do, like roll around in poison oak.

8. chuckie108

chuckie108 New Member

Are really comparing the atrocities perpetrated against blacks with this issue? No where near the same.

The whole problem with this issue is there has been a propaganda campaign going on for 20+ years trying to legitimatize the gay life style, but unfortunately for homosexuals, the majority of americans still don't consider it as acceptable. The voting on prop 8 supports my statement. Proponents say it is just the "crazy" religious zealots doing all this, but I think the truth is that the majority (again by the votes) of people don't consider homosexuals marrying each other an okay practice. Most of these people wont say that in public for fear of being attacked by the outraged gay supporting crowd, but they say it at the poles. It is the religious(and I'm not one of them) folks who are the ones willing to be the face of this issue- even if they are a minority of voters(I'm talking Cali here). My feeling is that everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness- and we should all be TOLERANT of other's desires. What someone does in their own home on their own time is there right an should never be taken from them. But that doesn't mean the rest of society has to ACCEPT their behavior and legitimize it. And homosexuals should learn to be tolerant of value systems that are different from theirs as well. :)

9. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Let's keep this train on the tracks - dangerously close to derailment

10. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

"gay lifestyle" = "hey you kids, get off my lawn."

people don't "choose" to be gay. they do, however, choose to be educated.

the majority of americans were against mixed-race marriage 40 years ago. the majority of californians have voted for several propositions that were found to be unconstitutional. the majority of voters get their information from 30-second commercials and believe that saddam was behind 9-11...

six other countries and six of our states have legalized gay marriage--the world doesn't seem to be any worse off. denying civil rights is un-american. you can have your opinion, but you can't change the constitution.

i say good day.

"what's so crazy 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

11. mtbchip

mtbchip Karnivore

Residential RE agent
    D Trump= Fake hair
    Miss Cal= Fake titties (nothing less attractive than a pair of hostess "DingDongs" pushed under the tight chest skin of a skinny chick. And THAT is Miss Calif??????)

Enough said............

12. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    Okay, heterosexuals. I'm gonna say this one more time. Listen closely.
    No, really... pay attention here, because this is getting exhausting.
    I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY.
    Got it? Are we clear now? The good news is how lucky you are! You know a gay person and that gay person has just ended the seemingly never-ending debate for you! Straight from the horses mouth, folks! Gay people don't choose to be gay!! And yet, for some reason, even though a gay person has just told you that they didn't choose to be gay, you'll still refuse to believe it. Which is weird, really. You'd think that you would be thrilled to finally know the truth. But I guess it makes life more interesting for you to try and belittle my truth.

You have no idea what it's like to be gay, yet time and time again you make silly and ignorant comments as if you do. And yet, you don't. Because you can't. It's really that simple. I would never tell an African American that I know what it's like to walk in their shoes. I would never tell a cancer survivor that I know how scary it was to go through that ordeal. Because it's not my truth. And to do so would be arrogant. And really, really ignorant.

13. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

quinn- well said...thanks putting an intelligent, personal face on the subject. and, i know it's late, but i don't think you got my invite for hurkey this weekend. let me know if you're interested (and any other of the "cool" kids). there will be a repeat performance next month.

also, last time i checked dave was spoken for. i think that puts me at the top of your list...

p.s.--it appears that dave's last post (and possibly dave) has vanished. it was just too funny for the censors...

:beer:

14. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    What are you bitching about? :?: Who said it was your choice to be gay? I just re-read the last 3 pages and see nothing to that effect. Nobody singled you out maliciously nor did anyone ask you to be a spokesperson for for the gay nation. Take a confrontational tone and you'll get a response.

Why can't we let this thread be about Miss California? Why perpetuate this shit if it offends you so much?

If you want to write a dissertation about the trials and tribulations of gayhood, please make your own thread - I don't feel that it belongs in this one. At least that way we can get a list of all the gay-haters together and burn some crosses on their front lawns.

Craig - WTF? Let's get back to the debate on fake boobs...at least that's relevant. Pic related.
    [​IMG]

15. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    dear downhill phil, i commented because the conversation, as per usual, drifted towards the gay issue. i was actually referring to chewy's comment in which he did indeed mention the choice issue in responding to dirtvert's post. I was not perpetuating anything. To the contrary, I was attempting to end the debate. sorry you were so offended.

pm sent

16. bigpete61

bigpete61 New Member

Information Systems Analist
    You should try drinking some of your own coolaid

You should try drinking some of your own coolaid

17. Edog

Edog Member

Man this need to go back to the top again!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I rest my case. F all of you for debating politics in the presence of this greatness.[/quote]

18. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    Quinn, right? - I do appreciate your candor & kindness :wave: but... by now, you have surely realized that if someone has made up their mind about something like this, they'll most likely remain ignorant for a long, long time (if not forever). On top of that, chances are that an attempt to enlighten over the internet, no matter how well-thought-out and reasonable it may be (kudos to you for that), is even less likely to succeed. :(

19. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Member

Vestal Watch
    I just think she is hot

20. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Apparently I'm an artist of some description
    It's called an analogy, look it up.
    Fortunately we don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Constitutional Republic, we have safeguards in place to prevent the tyranny of the majority from oppressing minorities.
    Irrelevant, the United States is not a Democracy, we are not governed by majority rule, if you want to ban gay marriage, a simple majority isn't enough for you to do it, especially not when that's only a 52/48 split.
    No-one is saying that anyone has to "approve" of gay marriage, all we are saying is that it's nobody else's business whether 2 gay guys decide to get married or not.

I'm not telling you you have to marry another guy, I'm not even telling you that you have to think gay marriage is ok, I'm certainly not telling churches that they have to marry gays if they don't want to, I'm telling you that you have to realize that it's none of your business what someone else does.

I don't do drugs and I don't smoke, I think both of these activities are idiotic, but I am NOT in favor of making either of them illegal, why? Because it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS how someone else wants to live their life.

The anti gay marriage movement is solely about interfering busybodies trying to dictate morality to OTHER ****ing people.

No no! That's my opinion, clearly that's sacrosanct and you're not allowed to argue with me about it!

That's what you're saying, you are saying that you aren't allowed to disagree with me, clearly you don't believe this since you just have.

Did I ever say that Prejean shouldn't be allowed to speak her mind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.