Michelle Malkin and Immigration

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bomber, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Do you even know what a Neo-Con is, or have you just been watching too much Keith Oberlman? for your information I voted for the current President.

2. Familyman

Familyman Original Kaosss

There is only one city in all of California that requires employers to use E-Verify. That city is Lancaster. Why it isn't a state wide law makes no sense. Their are only a handful of states that require the use of E-Verify. Their are states that are against the use because of the inaccuracy rate of E-verify. Their is also a law in place, "The Right to Privacy in the Workplace Act" that prevents employers from checking at all. Like someone else said earlier, "Illegal = Illegal" The law that is in place needs to be enforced!

Hey, Im all for people wanting to better their lives, that creates healthy competition in our society. But do it legally.

3. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Tougher than you imagined.

– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

All of these provisions are enshrined in Mexico’s Ley General de Población (General Law of the Population) and were spotlighted in a 2006 research paper published by the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Security Policy. There’s been no public clamor for “comprehensive immigration reform” in Mexico, however, because pro-illegal alien speech by outsiders is prohibited.

Consider: Open-borders protesters marched freely at the Capitol building in Arizona, comparing GOP Gov. Jan Brewer to Hitler, waving Mexican flags, advocating that demonstrators “Smash the State,” and holding signs that proclaimed “No human is illegal” and “We have rights.”

But under the Mexican constitution, such political speech by foreigners is banned. Noncitizens cannot “in any way participate in the political affairs of the country.” In fact, a plethora of Mexican statutes enacted by its congress limit the participation of foreign nationals and companies in everything from investment, education, mining and civil aviation to electric energy and firearms. Foreigners have severely limited private property and employment rights (if any).

As for abuse, the Mexican government is notorious for its abuse of Central American illegal aliens who attempt to violate Mexico’s southern border. The Red Cross has protested rampant Mexican police corruption, intimidation and bribery schemes targeting illegal aliens there for years. Mexico didn’t respond by granting mass amnesty to illegal aliens, as it is demanding that we do. It clamped down on its borders even further. In late 2008, the Mexican government launched an aggressive deportation plan to curtain illegal Cuban immigration and human trafficking through Cancun.

Meanwhile, Mexican consular offices in the United States have coordinated with left-wing social justice groups and the Catholic Church leadership to demand a moratorium on all deportations and a freeze on all employment raids across America.

Mexico is doing the job Arizona is now doing — a job the U.S. government has failed miserably to do: putting its people first. Here’s the proper rejoinder to all the hysterical demagogues in Mexico (and their sympathizers here on American soil) now calling for boycotts and invoking Jim Crow laws, apartheid and the Holocaust because Arizona has taken its sovereignty into its own hands:

4. monstertiki

monstertiki New Member

Don't let mexico fool you into thinking they actually have a structured law system that actually works. There have been over 25,000 killed in the last 3 years due to their current drug war. If a cop shakes you down across the border and treats you unfarely, you are on your own. Mexico is the equivalent of the wildewest right now. I would be glad if all I got shook down for by the cops was to see my passport and not how much money I have in my wallet at the time.

The illegal immigration issue is huge, and I think if anything, arizona is making a strong political statement with what they are trying to do. I don't believe the the new law will survive in its current form, but I do agree that we need to greatly strengthen our borders and not with just a fence. Deporting illegals is pointless if they can just turn around and come right back. I've even heard some illegals play the system when they want a free trip back to their country for vacation.

5. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    I think the planets have aligned because for once we agree on something.

These idiots comparing this to Jim Crowe laws and Hitler are about as offensive as it comes. I don't see Mexicans being lynched or killed in horrible ways by the KKK. I don't see them being put into ovens and burned or used for scientific experimentation. I can tell you that all of those who suffered at the hands of the Klan and Hitler can only dream of being sent back to where they came from.Most of those people paid the ultimate price trying to live in peace and freedom. Those of us who descended from the people who fought for us do not accept this comparison in any way, shape or form. None of our ancestors broke the law, they were hurt and killed simply for sport because of their religion or the color of their skin.

6. Silver

Silver New Member

Is this law racist?

Of course it is. I'm white as a ghost, and I guarantee you that no cop in Arizona is going to ask to see my green card (I don't carry it with me all the time like I'm lawfully supposed to, either. Why? Because I'm not Mexican, so no one is ever going to ask) even though I'm not a citizen.

In other news, I'm sure you saw that a San Diego county congressman would support deporting American citizens.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jG8efRTgspRJibLCpd7C8szhM0GAD9FD5CA00

Deporting them to Mexico would make them illegal immigrants, by the way.

One last thing: Like the Iraq war after-argument (Saddam tortured and raped more than us, so our torture and rape is ok), is the new talking point simply that Mexico treats its illegal immigrants worse than we do? Way to set the bar high!

7. The Black Smoke

The Black Smoke New Member

8. F.A.D.

F.A.D. POWERED BY MUSUBIS

Feeds me
    I just believe that CRIMINALS should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That is all. Break the law, they should be fully prepared to deal with the consequences. Follow the simple rules. No exceptions.

9. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Well you better start if you go to AZ....b/c if you slip up on a question if you break the law you will be asked to show proof....which you admit you are supposed to have w/ you....

Everyone is ASSUMING that the cops are going hunting to just round up and deport.....(it may happen is small numbers that will be WAY over blown by the media)....but this law just gives them the ability to ask when they come across someone breaking the law....theft/speeding/driving w/ expired tags etc....

10. Silver

Silver New Member

No one is going to ask, because I don't look vaguely ethnic.

And I'm not going to start carrying around my green card either. Do you have any idea what a PITA it is to get those things replaced if they are lost or stolen? And, like I said, I don't need to worry about it.

Why? Because I'm white.

11. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    I think simply seeing if people are carrying a card is too easy. After all, that really doesn't tell you if the person is a law abiding patriotic citizen. It only tells you where people were born. And anyway, cards can be faked. Therefore, since everyone is going to be req'd to provide proof of citizenship upon request, I think we should go one step further, and require them to pass immigration field-tests upon request too. Fail, and get your ass out. That ought to thin the herd a bit.

12. Bomber

Bomber Glenn

Boeing KC-46 program and retired from USAFR
    Now we know why the president is so upset with Arizona...

Attached Files:

13. F.A.D.

Feeds me

I carry my green card all of the time. cuz it's the rule. it never said on your form, that if you look white, you don't have to carry your card with you. Don't forget, all it takes is that "one" time to really make for a bad day.

14. F.A.D.

Feeds me
    I like this though process, but "you can't fix stupid"..... I think the heard may become a little too thin??? Heck I bet a lot of people in this country couldn't point out where Arizona is on the map. They maybe able to Google it, but hand them a real map and see what happens.....

15. Silver

Silver New Member

Good for you. I clearly deserve to be deported. Thankfully, I have a civilized country to go back to, so I'm not overly worried.

I've never had anyone ask, so I don't carry it unless I'm crossing a border. And no one is ever going to ask me, that's the whole point of this law. White guys with no accents aren't getting hassled.

16. obfsk8r

obfsk8r New Member

Lots of comments here and on Fox suggesting that the law is the law, criminals are criminals, and the issue is as simple as that. I suppose it is that simple for officials sworn to uphold the law regardless of their opinion of the law. Hannity et al. will continue to have an easy time winning the argument against them, since they're obliged by duty and oath to declare allegiance first to the laws as written.

That, however, is not to say that "it's the law!" is always a good argument for demanding stepped-up enforcement or reform. Lots of people speed on the 15 on the way to Vegas, buy and smoke marijuana, download songs without paying, park at Chantry without a recreation pass, water their lawns on the wrong day of the week, or break any number of other laws you may or may not agree with. The demand for tougher enforcement--the public outcry--doesn't emanate from the abstract knowledge that a law has been broken; it comes from a collective sense of real or perceived harm.

That's what we should be talking about when we enter the debate: not the presence so much as the justice of the law and need for the law's reform in one direction or another. As long as we bypass the key issue we'll continue to have a hard time reforming immigration laws to best meet the nation's needs.

17. BAD_S197

BAD_S197 New Member

EMT

Wow!

Kinda makes our policy look like shit.

18. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher

and that goes for employers, too? that's the source of the problem isn't it?

if not, it's just scapegoating.

let's put a few employers of "illegals" in front of the firing squad--that's some good ol' american justice.

also, that kind of "it's illegal-period" thinking shows a complete lack of understanding of the history of immigration and the where the current problems came from. do a little research and it's not so black/white. or brown/yellow.

19. F.A.D.

Feeds me

Nice attitude!:clap: Just don't complain when the authorities ask that "one" time. :)

Yes, for employers as well. Ignorance is not an excuse.

20. Silver

Silver New Member

I won't. Because they aren't going to. This is not complicated.