Michelle Malkin and Immigration

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bomber, Apr 29, 2010.

1. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    Although I agree that illegal immigration is a MASSIVE problem Malkin and Hannity are still two of the biggest hate mongering idiots on the planet. I see a couple of people singing her praises. You might want to go have a look at some of the other things she has aid on record before being quick to call her a hero. Hannity is even worse.

What they should have done was passed a law cracking down on employers , built a fence and stationed National Guard at the border. When companies start paying massive fines they will stop hiring illegal immigrants and there is already a system in place called e-verify that does the job. Unfortunately it's voluntary so the companies who want to ignore the law simply don't join. If there are no jobs ot come here for and no way to get across the border people will stop coming illegally and come the right way.

2. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

Actually, it is a right...of citizens. An ID is not proof of citizenship, therefore it would require a birth certificate or passport. How many times in this country have you been forced to show either of those documents to avoid being detained? Because you don't "fit the description," I can understand why you can't understand.

Can't un-ring the bell!

3. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

I haven't ever been detained when abroad, but I have had to show my passport on plenty of occasions, particularly in the middle east to make sure I have a valid visa. In some of those countries, Israel for example, police just mill around with their M-16's and have the right to demand anybody show their identification.

In any event, who cares what other countries do? All I care about is solving a problem in our country, and asking people to show proof of citizenship is a very low burden. It isn't like they are getting body cavity searched on the street in front of everybody.

4. KushD

KushD Mountain Toker

Girl watching
    Pretty Much

Ok here is the thing, there is some asshole who has a similar name DOB etc to me so a typical traffic stop gets pretty serious when the cop calls all his buddies because it looks like they finally caught up with this douchebag... Those are the better times because once they figure out I'm cool (not the guy) by actually reading and understanding all the complicated dates and names and it helps if I have the clearance papers it almost always goes well. They are actually sorry that they did that to me, but hey I don't blame them.

What sucked was when a rookie got a hold of me and insisted I was the guy, refused to call a supervisor and immediately arrested me, searched me and my car without my consent then forgot that I was a wanted felon when he found what he was really after. So I get a ticket and my fire is taken, but he dosn't even sweat the felony... I suppose he knew all along I was not the guy but used it as a pretext (probable cause or whatever) to search without consent.

All in all I gotta say that was the hottest damned prosecutor I ever. Gigity Gigitty Oh yeah!... Judge even seemed happy to go along with the prosecution's choice to reject the charges, that was a good day.

If was someone else I might be irresponsible/young/scarred/poor/stupid... I may not even have gone to court, pretty soon my life and all the wonderfull opportunities would dry up and the system would turn out another looser/mugger/asshole whatever you call that shit we stay away from.

Society will loose if we give greater/more obscure power to the street cops to screw with your life on the spot whenever they choose to.

I kinda like the system where they go to the count jails and kick them the fcuk out when they finish up their time, does that not work already?

5. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

Yes. Actually, you get thrown in a Mexico jail usually until somebody can pay the...ahem..."fee" to get you out. Very vigilante, and no rights for the guilty... er, accused I mean.

But there is a distinction. Very few Americans go to Mexico illegally with the intent to stay in Mexico to work.

6. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

My statements nor rhetorical question had anything to do with foreign countries. I, like yourself, only care what's happening here.

7. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    the "tyranny of the majority" is alive and well in america. this is one of the reasons why the rest of the world snickers when we claim the moral high ground.

now the party that wraps themselves in the constitution wants us to have everyone show their papers, nazi-style. oh, the irony...

again--how come the it's the poor people trying to eke out an existence that are being demonized, not the employers. deport a few of them and the problem would evaporate.

8. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

It's apparent that I agree with you...right?

9. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

My bad -- didn't read it closely.

And Dirt -- I prefer tyrrany of the majority over tyranny of the few. Which is really the nazi style?

[​IMG]

10. davidB

davidB Active Member

only made it a couple minutes into the vid, when I remembered that in a thread a long time ago on here, there was a member or two that argued Fox was the least politically biased news station.

time to find those quotes...

found it!
    "
    In reality, Fox News is considerably more objective than other news stations, as they are willing to present a more balanced view." -STR member's post from 1.5 yr ago, you figure out who said this...

11. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    yea. the poor rich majority here. boo hoo hoo. :lol:

you were making a joke, right?

ever been to tj? if any of you were born there you'd be risking your ass to make it in this country, too.

12. KushD

KushD Mountain Toker

Girl watching
    Keep giving up your rights!

So how do you feel about national ID cards, maybe you like the ones with RFID chips inside?

They really should make a training video for beat cops to learn how. To demand "Papers" with a proper german accent if they are going to properly implement this thing.

13. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

It's called a Passport and they already have the RFID chips.

I don't have an issue with requiring everyone to get one either. It would have gone a long way in preventing ID theft as they don't have your SS number on them.

The reason I hate the chips is because the info on them is so easy to steal. Fortunately it is also easily remedied.

14. Bomber

Bomber Glenn

Boeing KC-46 program and retired from USAFR

Who? And what's your point? R U for or against AZ law?:drunk:

15. The Black Smoke

The Black Smoke New Member

Once the protests start with all the Mexican flag-waving, then the issue will explode and there'll be no more ignoring it. Right, wrong, or indifferent, AZ should be applauded for finally forcing the issue.

16. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    :mad::mad: Yeah Doug!! You Gol'Durned liberal so an' so dog saving liberal apology saying liberal apologist. You oughtta be sorry an' apologize
    Ya goll danged flippin' liberal with yer cocky sideburns an' long hippie ass liberal hair! Go work in a strawberry field ya pregnant scum of Obama and liberal liberalites!
    Thar ya go!
    Howz that Rusty?;)

17. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Ah yes the intelligent counterpoint. When unable to form a cogent retort use juvenile sarcasm. [rolleyes]

18. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Ahh yes.The cogent retort of a neo-con.Talking from his southbound end.-LLoyd :wave:

19. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Employers are required to verify their employee's eligibility to work via an I-9 form that they must keep and turn over to immigration officials for inspection on request.

Only citizens and non-citizens with employment-authorization documents are allowed to hold jobs in the United States. Employers are required to terminate those employees found to be working illegally.

"If you continue to employ these individuals without valid documentation, you may be subject to a civil money penalty ranging from $375 to $3,200 per unauthorized alien for a first violation," the letters read.

On April 13 and 14, Pro's Ranch Markets in Phoenix fired about 300 illegal workers, or 20 percent of its workforce, who were identified by an audit of its I-9 employment verification forms.

The company said the employees gave it forged or falsified work documents when they were hired.

The fines listed above are not steap enough.....

I don't understand why a State and Federal Joint task force is a bad idea.....it's obvious that the border patrol isn't getting the job done on their own.....unless they are doing exactly what Washington wants done....letting them thru:?::?::?: giving the states the ability to help out if/when there is a crime committed or law broken will only help....

20. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    That was my point, there are ways to do this. If it takes an army of auditors then so be it. No one was ever buying their story about all of them giving forged documents because they could have used E-verify to authenticate. In my opinion they should have been fined triple that amount and a marker would have been laid down for the future. They claimed ignorance when they could easily have verified each person's status.