Mammoth Opening weekend, June 21

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by stinkyrider, May 30, 2008.

1. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    They'll still have to burn gas for season ticket holders who show up.

2. 1080P

1080P Banned

Dotting "i's" & crossing "t's" while balancing
    Like me... I wonder if it's safe to assume that when they say the bike park opens up, there's going to be lift operation. It's not like they open the mountain for skiing and don't have lifts operating.

Anyways, Doug is here, time to fly. See ya all there!

3. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    Got up here around 1:15am last night and it was still 68 degrees in town. Right now it's sunny and we're making breakfast. I'll try to stop by the mountain to see verify what's going on and maybe snap a few photos. I'm pretty sure we'll be fly fishing this weekend. :bang:

4. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

No, it's not safe to assume. We have been riding in Mammoth since the park opened and this is not the first year that this has happened!!!! ;)

FYI,

The "Trail Report" link always lists the latest info:

Trail Report - Last Updated: Jun 19, 2008 3:47 PM

Kick off the summer season this Saturday with the opening of Mammoth Mountain Bike Park! Check out over 24 miles of trails with options for every ability level: Uptown, Downtown, Paper Route, Big Ring, Timber Ridge, Juniper, Lakes Trail, Shotgun, Lower Bullet and Lower Follow Me.

The Bike Park will be open from 9am to 6pm daily beginning June 21. Park passes and Kona bike rentals will be available at the Adventure Center across the street from Main Lodge or at the Mountain Center in the Village at Mammoth. 2-ride Bike Park ticket pricing will be in effect and good for unlimited rides: $34 adults (13+), $17 kids (12 and under).

Transportation between the Adventure Center and the Village is available via shuttle bus every 20 minutes from 9am to 5:30pm. The Gondola will be open for Scenic Rides only at this time.

The Bike Park will offer guided tours, private lessons and two camps: Freeride Camp, August 1-3, and Women's Camp, August 15-17. Lessons are available daily from 10am to noon and 2-4pm. Book through 800.Mammoth or at the Adventure Center in advance.

5. vandyketom

vandyketom New Member

Any newer info yet?

We are loading up right now to head out. If anyone hears anything new please post. If it has to XC at least it is not 105-110 degrees!!!!!
    Have a great weekend out on the trails sctr people!

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

6/20 Update

Friday Jun 20

Bike Park Opens Tomorrow!

Kick off the summer season tomorrow with the opening of Mammoth Mountain Bike Park! Check out over 24 miles of trails with options for every ability level

Mammoth had a great winter season and that means there's still snow on the upper mountain trails. The Bike Park crew is working to get the upper trails open as soon as possible, but until then, enjoy the open lower mountain trails starting at Main Lodge with shuttle service between the Village and the Adventure Center. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 9am to 5:30pm

For a limited-time, discounted Trail Pass pricing is in effect: $34 adults (13+), $17 kids (12 and under). Trail Passes are also good for Scenic Gondola Rides, however bikes are not permitted on the gondola at this time.

The Bike Park will be open from 9am to 6pm daily beginning June 21. Park passes and Kona bike rentals will be available at the Adventure Center across the street from Main Lodge or at the Mountain Center in the Village at Mammoth.

7. Sprockethead

Network Admin
    Just got back from the Mountain Center and what Denmo posted is correct. The Gondola will not open and the shuttle price will be $34, so you're only getting $5 off the regular all day lift pass with Gondola access. I drove up to Main Lodge and the Kamikazi bike park isn't even up yet. Personally, I don't know why McCoy down is not open, doesn't look like that much snow to me. I'm guessing Mammoth is behind the ball getting the signs up and setting up the trails.

Got to check out the new sleds at Mammoth. They have Garbanzo Stinky's and Dawgs. The graphics are pretty good, on the Stinky's, you get a Marz 66.

At Footloose, lot's of Specialized Bikes for demo, Demo 7, 8, Safire's, and Pitches. For Norco's, A Line and Shore's with FSR rears.

8. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    Are the stinky's the base model? Have they repainted them like they did last year with the 5" bikes? I have a black & white one and don't want to risk it getting "lost" in the crowd when I get up there.

Thanks

9. BigRedHit

BigRedHit Bighit comming DOWN!!

Retail Manager
    Had everything planned out for the trip to Mammoth June 27-29.
    Requested those days off from work, planned out gas milage and hotels. Since the Gondola not working til the 3rd. Buddies dont want to take the trip to NorthStar. I still have those days off and i still wanna ride. Anyone got room for 1 to NorthStar for the Weekend of June 27-29?

PM Me please

10. vandyketom

vandyketom New Member

Great TRIP!

We just got home from Mammoth. We had a good time. The crowd was light and the weather was great. We probably did about 15-20 runs. You guys missed out!

11. Sprockethead

Network Admin
    Dang, you guys must have been out there all day. We rode Sat from 1 -4. The best run was Bullet DH it didn't have any braking bumps. Smooth turns with some good chunk thrown in.

Sun, Ann and I went on a reconnaisance trip. We heard about a trail called Mammoth Rock, it's pretty much a singletrack that traverses the Sherwins and ends down by Vons. We also did lower rock creek on the way out. Weather was absolutely gorgeous.

12. vandyketom

vandyketom New Member

We did 830 to 5 on saturady and 830 to 3 on sunday. It was a long ride home. I wish I would have know you were going to rock creek. Did you do the climb back up or shuttle?
    Bullit was nice, shotgun was good too. Juniper was also pretty nice. Not having a crowd was best.