Mammoth Labor day weekend

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by eteamer, Sep 5, 2013.

1. eteamer

eteamer Member

Fun Have'r
    What a great end of season weekend. We arrived Friday night to clear skies and warm temps. like 60 deg at night. The next day as we headed up to the gondola the skies became smokey because of the Rim fire. By 3pm it had come in heavy but we had already rode our guts out. Smokey.jpg

The next day though was beautiful. Although we never got the rain promised, it was clear and windy. We found new ways to get to old favorites like Pipe Line and Flow. I got alot more air than I ecxpected and it scared me. But I really liked the wood ramps, black for everyone else and blue for me. Chair 2 is the best way to get to the top of Pipe line. chair 2.jpg

The best thing about Mammoth is how wide open it is. Sure some trails are tight but some are just big. Big Mammoth.jpg

Wide open Mammoth.jpg
    One thing I think is easy to overlook is the skills park on Chair 11. It's quick and fun. Skills park.jpg

Even with our old bikes it's still alot of fun. Next time my son won't be riding the old GT. We picked up his Heckler frame from UPS on our way home. Should get built up by next weekend. Real McCoy.jpg

Only one crash to report and it was me. There is a cut people are using below Brake Though. There was a bunch of people stopped at the top of it and warned me it was steep and rocky. Sounded good to me. Anyway half way down it's OTB, head first into the rocks. I hear this lady, "he's hurt, listen to him scream". My son says "he's just laughing". I say only a fool goes head first into rocks and laughs, it hurt. But thanks to all the protective gear I didn't even get a scratch.

Attached Files: