Downhill Mammoth Improvements for Next year

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by stinkyrider, Sep 19, 2010.

1. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    This weekend was last weekend Mammoth is open for lift accessed riding. Part of the usual closing weekend ritual is a free lunch and raffle for season pass holders. Some pretty cool new improvements were announced after the raffle. Some of which are long overdue but I'm stoked nonetheless that they are happening.

1. "Upper" Twilight Zone will be built for next season. Upper twightlight zone will split off of Velocity and run between Chainsmoke and Velocity. It's expected to be a Livewire or A-line type jump line that will run right into the existing Twilight Zone. It's hard to spot but this weekend the sign for upper twilight was already in place.
    2. Pipeline will be rerouted and extended to end near the end of flow. It's supposedly going to be a machine built trail with huge tabletops and doubles similar to Livewire at Northstar.
    3. Chair 16 (Canyon Express) will run bikes next season! Hot laps on Bullet!
    4. Now that chair 16 will be open, you can expect an opening date for riding as early as June 1, depending on snow pack.

2. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

the guy we were talking with at the shuttle stop also hinted at a bunch of new park-type features being built leading down to canyon lodge. that would help take advantage of 16 being open.

it's gonna be a good season next year...

3. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Territory Marketing Manager
    Its definitely gonna be a good time next year. I will have to plan a longer trip.

4. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

just curious why this is the last weekend for riding? Seems like they could stay open a little longer until the snow comes. . .

5. cow

cow Resident bovine

Some sort of computer crap
    Just a guess here, but I imagine they want to do the trail work before snow comes, so that it can have all winter to solidify before use.

-Mike

6. OB1

OB1 You're a Member

Realtor
    Home Page:
    I believe 2011 will be my first season pass. I look forward to heading up one weekend per month just like I used to do at Snowshoe. Now I just need to make some money. Being a Realtor is TOUGH these days. But part of my next commission check is called "Mammoth Season Pass." Maybe I should sell myself a house on Mammoth? Lookie there, commission AND a place to stay!

7. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Mammoth being such a large resort has alot of prepping to do before the park opens for Winter on Nov. 16. It really isn't that much time.....

8. QiKss

QiKss Marcy Ranch Crip

Dont want to be a debbe downer but I'm skeptical about these promises . I'll believe it when i see it. Especially improvements 3 and 4.

9. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Based on the improvements this year over last, I'm a little more optimistic. Well, maybe a little less optimistic about chair 16 but I'm seriously considering a season pass for next year.

10. JohnnyGent

JohnnyGent In it to win it

Wow that is gonna be awesome!!! Thanks for the info Stinky. It was nice riding w/ you guys on Sat.

11. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    This news pleases me greatly.

12. beachcruiser

beachcruiser New Member

I spoke with Dave Geirman (the speaker at the lunch) who indicated that Rusty Gregory (the CEO of Mammoth) still needs to approve operating Chair 16 during the summer. Dave suggested that it would help for folks to send e-mails to Rusty expressing support for running Chair 16. In my experience, Rusty is has been pretty responsive to skiier/snowboarder requests, and the improvements that Mammoth has made to the bike park over the past two years suggest that Rusty is prepared to put greater $$$$ into the bike park. If you send an e-mail to Rusty, you should also copy Dave G and Mark Hendrickson. Their e-mails are: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]. Taking five minutes to send an e-mail now could save you hours riding the shuttle next summer . . . .

13. OB1

OB1 You're a Member

Realtor
    Home Page:
    Help yourself, and everyone else while you're at it. Sent! Pirates are all over this as well.