Looking for Legal DH trail

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by Drop D, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Lone ranger

Lone ranger Guest

Most trails in the area have a 10 to 15 mph speed limit ,So there are no real legal dh trails in O.C. or Mt. Wilson area.

2. resistance_mtb

resistance_mtb New Member

Do Mt Wilson, its my favorite trail :]

3. Drop D

Drop D New Member

Un-Employed
    I my self crave for a faster dh. Most of my friends barely started riding with less than 6inch of travel bikes. So my gravity sled seldom see dirt or mud

4. Stray_Bullit

Stray_Bullit The sustain..listen to it

Commercial Truck Driver, yes I do look into your c
    The words are an oxymoron.

Legal DH Trail

n oxymoron (plural oxymorons or, more rarely, oxymora) is a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms. Oxymoron is a loanword from Greek oxy ("sharp" or "pointed") and moros ("dull"). Thus the word oxymoron is itself an oxymoron.

Unless you live near a bike park, I guess?!?!

5. Drop D

Drop D New Member

Un-Employed
    I don't see how those two words contradict each other? :?: but then again, what do I know? there is no point to this.. I just wanted to ride and have fun....
    Downhill=illegal?

(Redirected from Downhill skiing)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the skiing event. For other uses, see Downhill (disambiguation).
    The downhill is an alpine skiing discipline. The rules for the downhill were originally developed by Sir Arnold Lunn for the 1921 British National Ski Championships.
    "Downhill skiing" is also commonly a term synonymous with "alpine skiing" to denote the sport and recreational activity of alpine skiing in general.
    More generally, the term may be used in any sport involving the speedy descent of a hillside. Examples include snowboarding, mountain biking, different skateboarding variants, such as street luge and longboarding, freebording and mountain boarding and even municycling.
    The "downhill" discipline involves the highest speeds and therefore the greatest risks of all the alpine events. Racers on a typical international-level course will exceed speeds of 130 kilometers per hour (80 mph) and some courses, such as the famous Hahnenkamm course in Kitzbühel, Austria, speeds of up to 150 kilometers per hour (93 mph) in certain sections are expected. Competing in the downhill event requires of racers considerable strength and technical expertise.

6. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

I think whats he is saying it that due to most of the trails that are good for DH are either illegal or Multi use in Socal and make it tricky as you dont want to be 25 mph to find a hiker, horse or bike climbing. In other places they dont have this issue.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. member

I steal bikes
    I've hit 50+ going down Mathis!

8. Abstrakt77

Abstrakt77 New Member

I have no job
    Another reason why I'm soooo looking forward to Vailocity opening up. The lack of true LEGAL DH in Socal blows.